chapter 39

a c t i i i.
i am a raging sea trapped inside a raindrop.
━━ chapter xxxix.

◆◇◇

"I believe I've mentioned this already, but your main focus of this summer is to obtain your Hero Provisional Licenses." Aizawa-sensei stood on the podium of his class, dressed in his usual caterpillar-like sleeping bag with the usual dark bags under his eyes; did he have insomnia or something?

"Do not take this lightly," Mr. Aizawa said, glaring at the young generation of heroes. "A Hero License means you are responsible for human lives. You can imagine the exam to receive one is difficult. Only fifty percent of students pass the test required for these permits each year."

I need to get it, I don't have much time left! The red-haired girl curled up her hand, making sure to be attentive towards her class. Just like her teacher, there were dark bags present under her dual-colored eyes, with pink tints in their corners; a sign that she hadn't been sleeping very well, which was true.

She had been overworking herself too much, strategizing on how she could be better at combat, trying to figure out how effective her energy could be much further, and wanting to develop and ask her costume designer for making her a portable AI to enhance her suit, but it didn't stop there. Her mind constantly brainstormed about what Haruka and Cress had told her, a few factors of Melody's quirk; she just wasn't stopping.

But she remained determined. She wasn't going in a slump right now; she couldn't stop. She will get stronger, but she will not fall. She wasn't the same, yes, but she wasn't weak-minded anymore either.

"In order to prepare, you will be focusing on something new..." And with that, Ectoplasm, Midnight, and Cementoss entered the large classroom, going up to the podium.

"Two ultimate moves."

After rounding up the conversation and a few explanations, the students raced to Gym Gamma and began their respective strategies, and a few students were sparred against Ectoplasm's clones. Bakugo was working on something called an AP shot, Midoriya was trying to figure out a way to fight without using his shattered arms, and Aoyama was being as sparkly as always.

Ectoplasm wasn't holding back on any kind of attacks, despite being clones. It was funny, he wasn't even the real one and was just a copy, and yet he was just as brutal, kind of like Naruto's shadow clones. Shizumi snorted at the thought.

"Ardour, your energy always flows through your bloodstream, and you claim that you aren't able to absorb foreign energy, correct?" He confirmed, wanting to guide his student in deciding on a super move. The female hero nodded at his explanation, holding her glove-covered hand and stretching her fingers from how long she had her hand curled in a fist. Her fingers felt a little sore.

" I want you to try something for a second," He held out his hand to show what he wanted the girl to do. "I want you to try and condense your energy into one point of your fist, to create a small ball of it. Can you try?"

Oh, like the Rasengan!! But... She tried to do as she was told, however, as she tried to condense the energy into her palm, it didn't appear in the air. Instead, the ball was forming in her hand, not on her hand. "I see, so as you said, you can't control your energy to take shape, huh?"

Shizumi sadly nodded, dropping to the ground with a dark aura around her, her head laying low. She suddenly turned into a paper-like figure, her face showing no emotion. "Huh? Are you alright?"

I thought I'd be able to pull off a thunder or fire or powerbomb or something. She began to stretch out her arms and move them weirdly, her eyes rolling in all directions as she lay on her back. This sucks! Now, she moved her entire body as if she was crying like a newborn baby. I wanted to pull off a Spirit Gun or Bankai, or Rasengan, or Kamehameha, or a Dodon Ray!