chapter 54

a c t i i i.
i am a raging sea trapped inside a raindrop.
━━ chapter liv.

◆◇◇

"The hero work studies are a more serious version of your internships," Mr. Aizawa said, standing at the front of the classroom. "They entail helping Pro Heroes on the streets and with investigations. Your principal and teachers discussed them at the faculty meeting, and we all agree: it's too soon. They really should be canceled."

Silence encased the room as the words slowly san in, and they all sat up and cried out. "WHAT?!" Their voice shook, probably the building along with him.

"Aw!" Kirishima whined. "But we already met about them!"

That's right that's right!!

"B-But I wanted to intern with Togata-senpai!!" Midoriya muttered out, disappointed in himself, and slouched down onto his seat, melting into it.

"I guess, when you think about why we had to move into the dorms, it does make sense," Kaminari muttered, his fingers playing with the tufts of Ojiro's tail sitting in front of him. 

"Aha!" Bakugou suddenly cried, slamming his hands on the desk and standing up with a stupid grin on his face. That was new. "Serves you right!!"

Toru in front of him let out an exasperated sigh, mumbling, "Just because you wouldn't get to do one..."

"But..." They all stopped after their teacher called out again. "Some people think that we won't be able to raise strong heroes with that sort of protective outlook. And with that in mind, the compromise is to be selective about participating agencies; so, choose one with a proven track record. Otherwise, you won't be taking part."

"DAMMIT!"

Does... Shizumi tilted her head in confusion, this mean, I can intern, or I can not?

"It means we can intern Shizumi!!" Kirishima called out to her, answering her question as if he read her mind. He always did that somehow. 

But she was glad that her offer was big. To intern with All Might's former sidekick! An honor indeed!

The classroom door suddenly slid open, revealing Cementoss with a bunch of books in his arms. He walked up to the front desk and got himself ready for class, while Aizawa as always, went to his sleeping bag and began to take his usual nap behind him. 

But first...I HAVE TO GET THROUGH LITERATURE CLASS!!

Thankfully, classes flew by easily that day, faster than Shizumi expected, and she used to think as to why they were focusing so much on academics this semester. She knew a hero had to understand a lot of things, but she was pretty sure they didn't need to know the names of artists that once stole paintings of All Might a few years back. 

Her hand was eager to write more too, but she was a little glad that it wasn't sacrificed for just simple plain notes and small doodles she did in her notebook. Sometimes, she wondered why she spent her boredom drawing chibi versions of her classmates, and 3D boxes.

She wasn't good at drawing, but she wasn't bad at it either. She had drawn her hero costume pretty nicely after all.

"Hey, what're you drawing?" Todoroki asked and walked up to her, his bag in hand and ready to go home. She answered him and picked up a conversation, before packing her bag up and getting off her seat.

"Shizumi!!"

She flinched and turned to her side to see Mineta and Kaminari, "Shizumi, we can't feel our fingers!! They hurt too much after all that writing!! Please, heal us!!"