chapter 8

a c t   i i.
i am a raging sea trapped inside a raindrop.
━━ chapter viii.

◆◇◇

Shizumi patiently waited as she sat on her table, a little anxious as the sports festival was beginning soon.

'It's today! Everyone will be watching...!'

"Midoriya."

Shizumi turned her head to the commotion, where she saw Todoroki talking to Midoriya. 

"Huh? What is it?"

"Objectively speaking, I'm stronger than you."

"H-huh? Um, Of course..." 

"All Might has his eye on you, doesn't he?"

Midoriya's eyes widened, and this didn't go unheeded by the silent girl. It was as if an intrigue he had been hiding was just found out.

Todoroki continued. "I'm not going to pry or anything but.."

'But?'

"I will defeat you'.

Shizumi sweatdropped.

◇◆◇

Shizumi tensed as the loud sonances entered her ears, wincing silently in pain as she continued walking into the stadium with the rest of her classmates. Present Mic's loud voice didn't go unnoticed by her either.

'I need to do my best...!'

A loud crack was heard, and they all turned their attention to Midnight, who was on stage with a mic. Some of the boys commented on her outfit, but the female hero shushed them.

"Representing the students is Bakugou Katsuki from Class 1-A!"

"Wha-? It's Kacchan?!" Midoriya exclaimed.

"Must be because he placed first in the entrance exam," Sero resolved. Bakugo strolled up to the stage and said the most conventional thing anyone could suspect.

"I pledge that I will be number one."

All of Class 1-A gaped at him, all thinking the same dialogue: I knew he'd do that!

Iida began to lecture I'm as he came down from the stage, which annoyed most of the students over his over-confidence. Shizumi could only respect the boy's audacity to say that in front of the entire stadium.

'He's so bold! I guess people with efficacious quirks are a league of their own...'

The large screens around the stadium beeped, displaying the words "First Round" on them as Midnight grabbed the student's attention. "Let's get started right away!" She announced as she began to explain the event. "The first game is titled the qualifier. Each year, many drink their tears here! Now, here is the fateful game!"

The screen behind her displayed "Obstacle Race!" as she began to explain the rules and regulations of the event. According to her, the event consisted of a full lap around the stadium and that you could do anything as long as you stayed on course.

As they all made up to the starting line, Shizumi's shoulders tense at the amount of anxiety that began to attack her. As the race started, almost every student rushed into the hallway, ignoring the comments Present Mic and Aizawa threw at the students. Shizumi could barely breathe under the bodies of other students, who were all aiming for the top.

This is way too precarious!

All of a sudden, the temperature dropped in the hallway, and it's didn't go unnoticed by the red-headed girl. Her instincts ordered her to jump and so she did. She thanked her instincts as the ground had frozen beneath her, trapping the students. She saw this as her chance, her ice skating skills kicking in as she skated out of the hallway and jumped on one of the wires to get a better view of the fiasco.