chapter 20

a c t i i.
i am a raging sea trapped inside a raindrop.
━━ chapter xx.

◆◇◇

Ah, finally, back to school!! Shizumi happily chanted to herself as she opened the classroom door, and the first thing she saw, was Kirishma and Sero laughing their guts out at Bakugo's Monoma-like hairstyle, which she as well, had to puff her cheeks in an attempt to not laugh.

Don't laugh, don't laugh....!

The Hero Internships finally ended, with Mirko giving both Monoma and Shizumi a nice dinner to celebrate (although the redhead was fed by Mirko as her arm was still injured), and a lovely mother-like hug at their departure. Bakugo, a day before the internship ended, had to return to his own agency and bid their goodbyes at the hospital.

The moment the redhead entered the classroom, Bakugo's eyes darted to her. For some reason, she looked happier than before in the hospital room, meaning she was out of her small slump. He clicked his tongue in annoyance. As much as he hated that he was a little worried for his friend (although he would never admit that she was, indeed, his friend), he was a little glad that she didn't go too deep in her slip.

"SHIIIIZUUUUUMIIIIIII!!!!!" The redhead tensed at the anger in Kyouka's voice, and before she could even turn around, Kyouka jumped onto her back with hands wrapped around Shizumi's torso. As lucky as the duo was, the redhead was able to keep her balance, but not for long.

"You sure are lucky aren't you?! Running down a road and passing cars with that 1-B boy!" The girl blushed at the fame she got, quickly pulling up her hood and wrapping it around her head. Kyouka chuckled.

After the small encounter, the two students quickly took their seats, but of course, Kyouka borrowing Bakugo's one to chat with her best friend until class could start. "Huh, so you ended up chasing people around?"

Kyouka chuckled, "More like just chasing around, to be honest. I was only in charge of escorts and rescue; Death Arms and the others took care of the fighting." Shizumi internally gulped, what would Kyouka-chan think if I told her about...Haruka?

Sooner or later, after Uraraka's fired-up aura that sent chills down a few spines, and some gossiping about Stain and the troublesome trio, Aizawa-sensei had come into the classroom, and as always, their daily school life was back to normal.

◇◆◇

"Alright, for this hero training class, we will be in Gamma, a metal labyrinth densely packed with steel factories. The class will be broken up into five four-man groups and race one group at a time towards a distress signal sent by me, somewhere in the middle of the area." All Might explained to the equipped students as Midoriya stared at his idol with sparkling eyes, almost as if he didn't see him every day.

The first squad was Midoriya, Ojiro, Iida, Ashido, and Sero. Quite a jump start it was, with people betting on who would be first (with the exception of Bakugo, who said that "Deku will be last."), but sooner or later, all eyes were on Midoriya's new movements. Other than the odd electric-like shocks radiating off the green-haired boy's body, the way he moved as he jumped from pole to pole somewhat reminded Shizumi of Bakugo's movements, with a little mix of her own. 

As soon as she had said that, however, an angry aura had begun to radiate from the ash-blond that stood behind her. She began to sweatdrop, moving away from there and sitting next to her best friend instead.

The race was long, and in the end, unlike her expectations of Midoriya coming first, he had later slipped due to his tricky movements. In the end, Sero had rescued All Might, while Midoriya had come last.