chapter 21

a c t i i.
i am a raging sea trapped inside a raindrop.
━━ chapter xxi.

◆◇◇

The next three days of the final exams were quite hectic. Followed by small tutoring sessions at each other's houses, especially Kirishima's, the day of the exam finally came. Despite focusing a lot on her studies this time, Shizumi was sure to give some of her time to training as well; she got a chance to have a small brawl against Todoroki as well. (don't ask how the battle went.)

Despite U.A being a school focusing mostly on heroics, Shizumi was surprised by how tough the written exams were. She was able to manage through English and History, however, had aced her Japanese Literature exam. She had always found the subject fun anyways. Math, she was able to do very well, all thanks to Bakugo's harsh tutoring that she was sure to thank him for.

Now, it was the practical exams. Although she had heard that their opponents were meant to be robots, Shizumi didn't buy it. Considering how U.A was a school focusing on the birth of future heroes, robot fighting was too much of an easy task for such an event like the Final Exams.

Her hunch was almost correct, for when Principle Nezu had jumped out of Aizawa's scarf and said it would be a brawl of two students against the teacher, her body tensed.

"For this exam, you will be paired up with a person that is assigned to you, and will be facing off against one of the teachers." The students all looked at each other and exchanged glances, hushed and worried whispers going around.

All the teachers were gathered around the table, gushing a few suggestions and claims. Principal Nezu was in deep thought as Aizawa listed the pairs and pitted them against the teachers.

"And lastly, Midoriya and Bakugo will be going against All Might," Aizawa added, flipping onto another page. "Since there's an odd number of students in our class, Vlad King," Eraserhead turned to the Class 1-B teacher. "I'm sure you said that Monoma Neito from your class didn't get along with anyone very well, right?"

"Mostly, yeah. Kendo could be an exception, but Neito is a reckless boy that gets on anyone's nerves."

"But not Shizumi's," Aizawa added. "Apparently, She and Monoma had signed up for the same Internship Agency and had been able to get along quite well. I was thinking that maybe," He met his eyes with the Blood Hero. "We should pair them up, against you."

"In all honestly, that girl believes that her strength can pierce through anything. If you could perhaps make her realize the other possibilities of her quirk with your hardened blood, it'll help her out."

"On the other hand, Monoma believes that he is invincible, somewhat. He thinks he can work with any type of quirk, and that if he can prove himself to be better than Class 1-A, all his problems will be solved. Make him realize that teamwork, exists please."

Then, Midnight spoke up, "That's not exactly a bad idea, considering how the girl easily gets along with everyone in 1-A. Admitting Monoma's manipulative personality and his keen intellect, might not be a bad match for Shizumi's strategies and endurance. I believe they will make a powerful duo for you, Vlad. Who knows; 

they might even be able to break your indestructible blood shield." She smiled at the 1-B teacher, somewhat looking forward to his fight.

"Then it's up to you, Vlad."

Shizumi was a little excited to know that she was paired up with Monoma; they had proven themselves to be a good pair, after all, however, when 1-A had seen the blonde come up to the redhead, they were not ready to see the duo in action.