chapter 42

a c t i i i.
i am a raging sea trapped inside a raindrop.
━━ chapter xlii.

◆◇◇

As Shizumi ran along with the platform, Mera's voice echoed throughout the maze which was ten times bigger and ten times more confusing, and if it wasn't for the redhead's AI visor that helped her see a few kilometers away, she would have been lost now.

"Let's see where we're at, now," Mera's dreary voice echoed through the speakers. "Things have been moving a lot more quickly. Looks like fifty-two, make that fifty-three have passed. And looking on the other side of things, it seems two hundred and thirty examinees have failed. Less than half the spots are open. Now's the time to move."

Crap, I have to move-

"Incoming at 3 o clock," the AI spoke through the visor, and Shizumi barely had any time before a sharp nail swept across her arm, slicing through to make a cut rather than piercing through the flesh. Shizumi groaned in pain and quickly jumped behind a pipe.

A sniper..?!

In a distance laid a girl with mint hair that was casually short, and had a tuft of hair on both sides of her forehead, and indigo eyes that looked into the horoscope. She wore a desert-colored military jacket, bulletproof armor of the same color, and combat boots, as well as a white muffler around her neck.

She irked her eye when she noticed the U.A student had caught onto her and dodged her paralyzing nail, so she pulled out another one and spit on it, and put it in the barrel, taking aim once more. Shizumi Chikara has brute strength and smart tactics, but that's all she has.

Her body may be toned and strong enough to withhold some lightning from that Pikachu kid, but it's not enough to withhold a poisonous nail.

She smirked, I couldn't land a good hit, but it definitely scratched her. Within 30 seconds, her body will become numb, and when it does, I'll attack her targets...!

What a fool! Wandering by herself in a place full of hiding spots like this! And what is she thinking, putting all her targets in one place?!!

I have to draw this sniper out...

Shizumi thought of something, and once again, shaped her energy into a blade and sliced it through the metal wall of the building she hid behind, and then used her strength to pull the piece out.

Are you still there?

She tossed the piece out from her hiding place, and the moment she did, it was shot by another nail, nailing it against the ground. It went directly through the piece, and Shizumi's eyes widened at that.

Such precision...! But what's her quirk? I know for sure that whatever it is, it isn't good enough for close combat. That would also explain her position right now.

Snipers hide in high positions, so the only way I can find her... Shizumi activated her quirk and translocated her energy to her legs, and began jumping from wall to wall in the alleyway she was. I have to get to a high place.

She jumped upwards until she reached the top, and to avoid any injury, she translocated that same energy from her lower stomach and forehead to her entire body. Spread it. Make branches out from the vines... And then, Shizumi's blood veins began to glow in a dark shade of blue, and her eyes lit up brightly. Her lower strands of hair became shaded, and her entire body suddenly felt light.

Minus her wrists, which held weights on them.

Translocate it! Creation Rebirth!

Nails came shooting at her, but the girl began running down the building's roof, the nails deflecting her body as if she wore metal armor. The sniper from a distance had her eyes widened, "W-What?! How did she neutralize that poison?! Wait, did it even affect her?!"