chapter 10

a c t  i i.
i am a raging sea trapped inside a raindrop.
━━ chapter x.

◆◇◇

Shizumi let out a laugh as Midoriya continued sobbing waterfalls and crush the ground under his weight, but her shoulder's instantly tensed when she felt an evil aura coming from Bakugo towards her, making the poor girl grab Uraraka's shoulder's and hide behind her figure, earning a disoriented look from the brunette.

"Now, we'll take a one-hour break before we continue with the afternoon activities! See you then!"

The students then headed towards the cafeteria, where the silent girl met Kyouka. "Man, aren't you lucky to pass the second round eh, Shizumi?" She asked with a smirk.

Shizumi rubbed her nape in embarrassment as Kyouka encircled her neck with her arm and began rubbing her crimson hair with her fist. "You little...! I didn't forget the exploit you pulled on me during the cavalry battle!" Kyouka began to tickle the girl, earning a few silent laughs from her, who had tears running down her eyes as she tried to get out of Kyouka's clutch.

Sooner or later, the girl let Shizumi go as they began making their way towards the cafeteria. Sadly, they didn't have the favourite energy drink that Shizumi currently needed to recharge herself.

"Oho, does Shizumi need an ENERGY drink to recharge her ENERGY?" Shizumi rolled her eyes with a small smile at Kyouka's pun as she began making her way towards the lobby, where she knew that there was a vending machine.

As she walked down the dim hall, she spotted Bakugou against the wall, making her tense.

Nope, I am not dying today! Nope, no way!....but.... A sweatdrop rolled down her temples as she puffed her cheeks. I need my energy drink!

Shizumi marshalled up a little courage as she sprinted down the hall, about to turn to the corner, but it was too late. Bakugo yanked her hand and pushed her against the wall, both his hands beside her head, confining her completely. Nooooo! I need to live!

She closed her eyes, not wanting to see what Bakugou would do to her, but what came out of his mouth agitated her. 

"Quiet."

..huh? 

His voice was barely above a whisper. Shizumi did as told while keeping her now red face under restriction, making sure the boy in front of her didn't notice.

She began to hear voices by the exit. "...Why are you telling me all of this?"

Shizumi immediately recognised the voice as of Midoriya. "Quirk marriages, you've heard of them right?" The voice of Todoroki didn't go unrecognised by her either. He began to explain the antiquity of quirk marriages, making Shizumi's eyes widen.

Of course, the little girl knew what marriage was, but how could someone decide how many kids they want? Weren't they supposed to come according to God's will?

"...with his wealth and fame, my father made my mother's parents agree to the marriage." Shizumi's eyes widened at this and glanced at Bakugou's expression, who was a little surprised as well, but it was barely discernible.

"All to get his hands on her quirk."

...I'm not supposed to be hearing this.

Todoroki continued, but one line had made her forget how to breathe. "I remember my mom as always crying. 'Your left side is unsightly,' she said before she poured boiling water on my face."

...Okay, I really shouldn't be hearing this.

"In short, not using my left side against you was my revenge on him. Never using my rotten father's quirk...