chapter 23

a c t i i i.
i am a raging sea trapped inside a raindrop.
━━ chapter xxiii.

◆◇◇

"Kyouka-chan, I don't think I want to put on any makeup!" Shizumi hurriedly typed as Momo dragged her away into the changing room, where the girl felt like she was going to pass out from embarrassment.

Dressing up for someone or for someone else was never one of the girl's excitements, after all, she had once believed that her red hair didn't match her loos after all. From what she had seen in manga and some anime, girls had liked to dress up for impressing their crush or to be popular for hookups and impressing strangers. Shizumi wasn't into anything like that.

She doesn't even know what hookups are like, she doesn't have a crush, and she damn didn't want to go around impressing people.

"Shizumi-chan, makeup doesn't necessarily have to be put on for making others like you," Uraraka tried to cheer her up as she tried to put on some lipstick on the girl's plump lips, which she was internally admiring for the shape, but was screaming at the number of scars present on them. "You can also put on makeup to look good for yourself! You're already very cute, with some makeup, you could make boys fall on their knees!"

"I-I'll make them fall on their knees?! I'll kill them?!" The girl typed in panic, making Momo sweatdrop from how similar her and Todoroki's mindsets were.

"Aaaand, done! Tadaa!" Uraraka opened the curtain for Kyouka to see as she twisted the chair, who was immediately entranced by the sight.

Shizumi's hair was neatly tied into a single, neatly made braid over her right shoulder, her usual strands of curled hair dropping down her shoulders, her ahoge for once, curled and brushed as well. With her usual bangs falling onto her forehead, instead of her usual cream-yellow star-shaped hairclips, she instead wore the same design in a shade of silver. Silver, leaf-shaped earrings were dangling against the piercing in her ears, followed by a light pink lipstick that covered her plum lips.

Her dress was a completely different platter. Not so formal, yet not too casual either, she wore a back, strapless top, with frills covering the top of her upper body which was a little exposed, showing her cleavage. Her arms were covered in netted sleeves, and her waist held a thick black band around the fabric of her clothes. The dress was a one-piece, Kyouka could tell, as over the black silk of a long skirt just above her ankles, was another layer of cloth; black net.

Her legs were covered with black ballet flats, no design on them. Her neck, she now noticed, also was covered with a silver necklace consisting of leaves and silver flowers; she never realised how silver and black looked so good on her friend.

The girl looked absolutely perfect, in every look and way.

As the girls began to exit the room, Shizumi quickly fixed her shoes, and just when she was about to walk out, her eyes darted to the gun strap sitting on the table.

What if...just in case...

With anxiety lurking in her veins at her future actions, the girl quickly tied the stray around her thigh under her clothes and walked out of the room.

◇◆◇

Uraraka walked into the lobby first, gathering the attention of two fellow perverts, Kaminari and Mineta, and a broccoli boy who looked a little entranced by how the gravity girl looked. She was a little shy from Midroiya's compliment but soon came in Momo, with Kyouka hiding behind her back.

"Sorry about that, Jiro-san was a bit..." Momo trailed off, making Jiro come out of her hiding spot from behind the creative hero's green dress, blushing in response to Kaminari's kind comment and Mineta's perverted one, immediately jerking them with her earphone jack as they did.