chapter 24

a c t i i i.
i am a raging sea trapped inside a raindrop.
━━ chapter xxiv.

◆◇◇

Loud sounds of explosions came from within Shouto's wall of ice, blasting it away as if they were digging through it. It sort of reminded the redhead of how Bakugo had escaped through Shoto's ice during the final stage of the Sport's Festival; what exactly was his quirk? As the redhead got herself ready for battle by taking stances, the villain got through the ice, but it made her curious as to why the ice looked like it had disappeared, instead of destroyed.

"What's with this guy's quirk?" Bakugou asked, as he, Kirishima, and Shoto took up offensive stances.

"Stay on your guard," Shoto reminded, while Bakugo scoffed.

"Shut up, I know that!"

This isn't a time to fight amongst ourselves! She felt like saying, and luckily, Kirishima somehow read her mind and said it out loud. "This isn't the time to bicker guys, focus!"

The short, chubby guy stepped forward, cracking sounds echoing through space as he rolled his neck. "So," he said, voice deep and gruff, "you wanna pick a fight? Well then, let's see how tough you really are!"

In a blink of an eye, the villain's body transformed; his skin turned purple whilst the rest of him expanded to a great height, ripping his shirt to shreds. His pants stayed, thank goodness. His semi-balding head grew long raven locks, tumbling down his grizzly back and also on his chest. His fingernails grew into long claws, too, the glinting of them making them look like steel.

Shizumi gulped, he looks like a purple hulk! I've always wanted to know how effective my quirk would be against the Amazing Hulk!

Shoto threw the first punch, freezing his hand up and sending an icy barrage towards the monster. On collision, he threw a punch at the ice, shattering it in one shot. He threw another punch, and another, pummelling his way through the ice attack like it was nothing. The four of them leaped out of the way just as the monster broke through.

As usual, from his position in the air, Bakugo blasted himself back at the villain, igniting his hand as he aimed at his open back. "DIE!"

A resounding painful cry signaled that the ash-blonde had hit his target, and Shizumi couldn't help a proud smile from stretching her lips as he landed safely back on the ground. So cool! She thought, switching her gaze from her ash-blond friend to the smoggy miasma he'd left behind him. Her eyes narrowed in on the smog as it suddenly moved, suddenly widening as a giant purple figure came charging out of the smoke.

He runs like Hulk too!!

However, she suddenly realized that it wasn't the time to lose focus, as the purple beast roared, clenching his gigantic fist as he swung back to unleash an attack on Bakugo. The ash-blond boy turned around, scarlet eyes wide as the beast came closer and closer with each passing second.

However, just as he threw his punch, a spiky-haired boy went rushing past the female redhead and towards his best friend, pushing said boy out of the way as he cried, "BAKUGO!" Kirishima raised his arms to cover his face, hardening them at the moment the monster's fist made contact with him. Kirishima held him for a moment but was suddenly sent flying backward, smashing through Shoto's ice wall and straight into the wall on the opposite side.

KIRISHIMA!

She grits her teeth in frustration; why couldn't she move? Did shattering her own muscles matter to her more than the life of her ash-blonde friend? She was a hero, and yet, she was just moments away from seeing a bloody Bakugo's body if Kirishima hadn't run in front of him.