chapter 27

a c t i i i.
i am a raging sea trapped inside a raindrop.
━━ chapter xxvii.

◆◇◇

"Time to get our barbecue on!!" Mina shouted as she raised her hand happily, a few sticks of barbeque and some veggies stuck on them, Kirishima taking a dive in on the trays as soon as they were placed on the table.

It was their second day on I-Island, the second day since the incident with David Shield, and to celebrate their victory the night before, All Might had decided to treat them all to barbecue.

After the battle, Shizumi and her classmates were admitted into the hospital, patched up on their injuries. David stayed there for a few more days, with Melissa refusing to leave her father's side. That small action left the redhead in memory of her own, strict yet loveable father.

"Enjoy to your fullest," the Number One Hero said, posing in his muscular form briefly. "It's the least I could do for everything you all did to help the other night. As much as what you all did was reckless and totally irresponsible, especially some of you all."

At this, Todoroki, Bakugou, Shizumi, Midoriya, and Kirishima flinched. All eyes were on the five of them, who slowly began to sweatdrop at the attention they were getting.

"IT WAS SHIZUMI'S FUCKIN' FAULT!"

"HEY, BAKUBRO, NOT COOL!"

"I- I was just trying to reach the tower and protect Melissa-san!"

"I followed Shizumi's orders."

"Why are you all blaming it on me?!"

The class began to laugh at the strongest quartet's behavior, where Midoriya was hiding his face under his hands, Bakugo and Shizumi were holding each other's collars, Todoroki was munching on a barbeque, and Kirishima was trying to hold the redhead and the ash-blonde back from each other. "Haha, you're all gonna get busted!!"

The laughter soon died down, and finally, the girl was able to grab a handful of sticks and sat down beside the ash-blonde, who was scowling and distancing himself from the crowd as if he was practicing social distancing from a deadly virus or something.

The girl, making sure no one was looking, began to quietly slip down the veggies stuck onto the stick, but Bakugo being Bakugo noticed from the corner of his eyes, "EAT YOUR VEGGIES YOU DUMBASS!"

The girl scowled, tears trickling down her eyes as she did as told like a good girl, "They're good for your health dumbass! And give me that!" He stole some sticks, munching onto it, not caring how the girl had previously bitten it and that they just had an indirect kiss.

Luckily, Shizumi didn't notice this either, happily munching on her food like a monster that wasn't fed for two days. She wasn't wrong though, hospital food was absolutely disgusting for her.

Her outfit, to say that it looked ugly on her, was a big fat lie. Her red hair was braided into two messy braids with strands of hair sticking out from them, and what followed down her neck was a strapped cold shoulder shirt in a light shade of cream yellow, matching colors with her star-shaped hairclips. Below that, she wore a simple tiered white skirt, her legs bare, and yellow slip-on shoes.

"Psst," they two turned around at what sounded like a whisper directed at them, seeing Kirishima hiding behind a bush. "Come on, let's explore guys!"

◇◆◇

I-Expo was to say, absolutely magnificent. Not even beautiful or pretty, just simply magnificent. There were screens all over the buildings, promoting videos and ads, together with amazing police service to prevent any traffic and any trouble found on the streets, may it be helping an old lady cross the street, or getting a balloon down from a tree.