chapter 34

a c t i i i.
i am a raging sea trapped inside a raindrop.
━━ chapter xl.

◆◇◇

It was sentimental, the moment Shizumi Chikara woke up in a hospital bed with Neito Monoma by her side, who held her in his arms when he told her it had been a day since Bakugo Katsuki was captured, however, that was all she had heard.

After that, she felt herself go deaf to anything Monoma had said, even when her classmates had visited her. She could only look down onto her lap, her bed next to Midriya Izuku, who held the same expression.

Their eyes looked absolutely lifeless as if they were the ones that were captured themselves. Shizumi's mind was absolutely blank, she didn't even move, drink a glass of water, or flinch from any type of touch on her cheek when Monoma held it.

Katsuki Bakugo was gone.

She kept repeating it in her mind, ignoring the fact that she was currently breaking herself down. She was a broken piece of glass, shattered into thousands of pieces that no one could ever collect and put together again. It was mental abuse, self-inflicted at that, and as she repeated the words in her mind over and over again, she felt herself go crazy.

He had left her as they all did.

He had left her, just like her grandmother did.

He had left her, just like her sister did.

He had left her, just like her mother did.

He had left her, just like her dear brother had.

"Shizumi," Kirishima called out to her, holding her hand as delicately as he could, however, the girl didn't even look up at him or even flinch from his actions. "Shizumi, listen to me. Please."

She didn't listen.

The fire in her eyes was gone.

The Silent Hero was gone.

Kirishima stood up, wiping the tears that rolled down his eyes when he left the room, where the rest of his squad was waiting. He shook his head, indicating that she hadn't even looked up, responded, or listened to him. All of them had flinched, knowing well that she needed more time to sort her thoughts out.

Kirishima walked over to the vending machine, grabbing a drink from it when he put in a coin inside the machine, however, he was cut off by a finger dressing for a completely different one instead. He wasn't in the mood to pick a fight, he only turned around and met Monoma Neito's blue eyes.

He sighed, "Monoma, I'm not in the mood to argue with your beliefs right now-"

"How pathetic," Monoma mocked, holding a calm look on his face, a rare sight to see. "For a Class 1-A students to lose their own classmate, did U.A make a mistake in choosing you all?"

As much as Kirishima wanted to fight back, he knew that deep down, for once, Monoma was right. How pathetic of him to just stay put and wait for his friend to come home, and now, they were both gone. He was in so much guilt, so much guilt, he didn't even know what to do, or think.

"When I was young," Monoma began, grabbing the drink from the machine and opening it. "I used to believe that my quirk was absolutely pathetic. Copy? How lame, I used to think. Because of my own lame quirk, I began to think that perhaps, in my own life, I myself was just a side character, while you all, Class 1-A scum, were the main characters."

Kirishima tensed his shoulders, standing in place as the blonde continued his life story. Was he really the main character? Would someone like him, the main character, lose someone so easily? Kirishima believed that he himself had a lame quirk in his prime. Not something flashy, not something that would make him stand out, nor something that was amazingly powerful like his friend's quirks, Bakugo or Shizumi.