Chapter Twenty-Five: Danger Uprising

Luciela had nothing important to do at the moment, for the time being, she had ventured off into a meadow to relax. Walking through the meadow of flowers, she looked at the different kinds of plants she could spot. Having been in this land was countless years, she had memorized the kinds of flowers that grew in this specific area. From daffodils to poppies to bellflowers to even meadow cranesbill. But her favorite of them had to be the queen ann's lace flowers.

Luciela crouched down and stared at the growing flowers. Just looking at them reminded her of her past for some reason. Before she even became a Claymore, back to the time when she was just a regular human. The days she could enjoy her life with her family and her sister. Luciela frowned at this thought with a lone tear running down her face from the thought.

Luciela's Thoughts: Rafaela, I wonder if you are still alive right now. I am very confident that you are.

Luciela reached down to touch one of the flowers but halted her action as an ominous feeling ran down her spine. Standing up she felt as if something was very wrong with the world right now. It was as if a great bane was brought into this world, into her land as well. Luciela could feel a presence that not only interested her but also worried her. At first, believing it to be her possible new ally, but realized how dreadful this Yoki was.

Luciela: I have never felt so much malice, hatred, bloodlust, and the intent to destroy from one being. And it feels as if they are targeting one person. Hold on . . . It doesn't seem like they're coming to me . . . It feels like they're . . . . . . Oh no you don't!

Luciela could feel a faint Yoki presence in the far distance and realized that this strange malevolent Yoki was heading towards the faint one. But Luciela could also feel another faint Yoki around that one as well. Much to Luciela's annoyance that her new ally was coming with someone. She really wouldn't have gone off towards the sources, but this ominous is giving her chills. 

Luciela: Isley . . . .  I will kill you without a second thought if you are trying to take my land!

Teeth sharpening and hands turning in claws. Her tails with teeth in them sprouted from under her dress, her Awakened Being form was showing as she slowly made her way out of the meadow. Luciela was intent on murdering whatever was planning to take what was going to be hers. She would not let someone who could possibly be Isely take what was in her land. How dare he come into her land like this.

~Meanwhile~

You walked down the long road to the Southern Lands of this world, while also thinking about what Galatea had told you the other day. She had defected from the Organization, pretty sure there is a serious penalty for doing this. And why would she of all people defect when she was the 3rd Strongest Claymore of her generation. But her explanation intrigued you now.

Galatea's Explanation: I've recently felt an ominous presence coming from the South that not only rivals the Abyssals of this land, but also yours. And it doesn't seem like the Organization will do anything about it. And even if they do, it might not be for the right idea.

Your Thoughts: Huh . . . . Could Vergil have somehow found a way to get to me . . . No . . . . I can feel the power as well and it feels familiar to me . . . . . Too familiar in fact.

Scratching your head you wondered about how wild your life had become in this world. You weren't even sure you were even here for a whole month. Just as you tried contemplating what was going on you felt a tap on your head. You were not surprised as Galatea stared at you, almost comically for a minute. As if she was wondering what was going through your head.

Galatea: Are you thinking about the strange Yoki in the distance, do you know something about it?

Y/N: Uh . . . . It actually feels quite familiar to me, too familiar to something that had come from where I am from. And it's making my skin crawl a bit.