Chapter Twenty-Eight: Defeat and Return

Explosion after explosion echoed throughout the woods, animals fled from the scene, and any yoma left in the vicinity were eradicated from the force. Smoke filled the woods and trees toppled over and burned to a crisp from the heat of the blasts. All stemming from Pandora. The intention was to deal as much damage to Mundus with some of your most potent weapons. Few missiles here, a large bladed weapon ripping around the area, a couple more missiles, and a variety of other weapons. But last but not least, more missiles wrecked the living days out of the woods. If there was a special place in that area then it was probably nothing but ashes.

All that remained right now was a crater on par with a ground-zero explosion. Smoke filled the area which was near suffocating and the heat from it made it worse. As the smoke rose into the sky dimming the sun. The silhouette of yourself could be seen slowly stumbling out of the crater clutching your arm with Pandora in your free hand. Moving away from the crater and smoke while trying to pinpoint where Mundus was located. But alas, you could not pinpoint as to where the bastard had gone off to, if he was still alive.

Y/N: Hey . . . . Mundus . . . . Still alive? If you're still alive give me a signal . . . . . Nope . . . Okay good--

The sound of cracking bones could be heard as an armored fist slammed into your jaw. The sickening crack rang through the woods and the blow sent you rocketing away from the crater like a living sonic boom. The only option that stopped your breakneck speed was a large boulder. Which you slammed into face first, resulting in more audible cracks being heard throughout the woods.

Getting up and rubbing your face you turned to see Mundus rushing towards you with a gauntlet-covered hand, resembling Gilgamesh. Evading the attack, you slammed the briefcase of Pandora into the monster's jaw before kicking him back. Dashing at him with immense speed, you proceeded to slam into Mundus with Pandora, not even attempting to transform Mundus into any of the transformations it had. Simply wanting to bash the leaving crap out of Mundus with the briefcase.

Your Thoughts: Go to sleep! Go to sleep! Go to sleep! Go to sleep! Go to sleep!

You kept saying this in your head as you smashed Mundus's head into the ground, but you didn't realize Mundus had the dreaded blow coming. A sharp pain echoed ran throughout your body and you let out a scream and swear before being elbowed in the face. Pandora flew out of your hands, you attempted to get up, but the pain in your body was intense.

Y/N: Now that was a low blow you freaking as--Oh no!

You watched helplessly as Mundus touched Pandora and the entire brief seemed to compress in on itself before turning into a simple ball. Mundus who saw this picked up and tossed it into his large maw. You swore to feel the power surge within Mundus and watched as more power swirled into his body. Your left eye twitched and a visible frown was on your face. You were losing weapons fast and Mundus was growing in strength.

Mundus: Now . . . That one hit the spot . . . I see why Pandora was one of your favorite Devil Arms to use . . . Now . . . LET ME TAKE THIS POWER FOR A SPIN!!!

Mundus raised his hand towards you and multiple portals appeared behind him and out of these portals came . . . oh good lord . . . Missiles. Lots and lots of missiles came firing out of them toward you. 

Y/N: OH FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!

~ Meanwhile ~

Galatea and Luciela had not been the only ones in the area, someone else had come to the fray. Someone who had grown quite an interest in you. Their metal boots clanked throughout the woods as they slaughtered any foolish yoma appearing in her presence. Sword dripping with purple blood from the Yoma as a smile spread across their face. They stopped walking when the sounds of explosions rang out. Yet, they could tell that it was not coming from you.