Chapter Thirteen: Voracious Eater Hunting Part One

The two of you were running through the Holy City at top speed while also moving above the buildings to get to the location of Clare faster, it seems things were going quite well for the two of nothing seemed to go wrong now. No soldiers or warriors were coming towards them or anything so it seemed like smooth sailing to get there.

The two of you landed on another building before looking around the place, you noticed that the two of you were really close to the church. Landing on the ground you saw two guys running in said while also able to hear a commotion going on within the place.

The two of you nodded their heads before leaping towards the place.

~Inside the Church~

Clare was not doing a good job in damaging the creature, she wasn't even using her sword which was nowhere near her as she left it with Raki. It was practically impossible to cut this damn thing with just a simple knife and now here were two humans in the room that were going to be getting in the way.

The Claymore was telling them that they needed to stay back as this thing was too much for them but it seems they weren't listening as the larger one of the two came at the creature with a sword swing. 

Dodging the Voracious Eater came at the man with a extended fingers but Clare come in at the right time to stop the attack just scraping against his armor. 

Clare: You need to go you're no match for this.

The large creature smirked seeing that Clare had her guard down using it's other hand it sent another round of it's fingers out towards Clare. Believing he was going to stab there her it was surprised to see that purple blood went splattering everywhere, along with it's fingers falling down to the ground.

Seeing this caused it screech out in pain, Clare saw this and took the opportunity to lunge at it and stab it in the eye causing it to roar out even more, it's other arm was finally free now and used it to smack the woman away onto the ground.

Clare and the two soldiers were confused as to what had happened when out of nowhere the sound of gun shots could be heard through the air missing the Voracious Eater but startling it.

Everyone turned to the entrance of the room and saw you and Elena standing there with you looking on with a bit of disappointment from missing your shots.

Y/N: Damn.... And I was so close too, well at least you stopped it's fingers from impaling Clare.

Elena: Good we made it just in time.

Seeing the two of you here had mixed emotions, one she was happy to have some kind of backup to assist her but she was annoyed you guys didn't listen to her.

???: Wait who the hell are they?

Second ???: We'll figure that out later right now we need to deal with the.....

Looking around everyone noticed the Voracious Eater was gone causing everyone to look around for it, Elena concentrating her Yoki to see if she could detect it discovered it was gone. It was hiding it's Yoki so no one would be able to find it.

Elena: It's gone.

Y/N: Man.... I was getting a little pumped with fighting one of these--

Clare: WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING HERE! I TOLD YOU NOT COME HERE--

Y/N: Hey we just saved you from getting impaled, besides Elena was the one who told me that you were going to get hurt.

Hearing this Clare grew a bit confused now.

Clare: How did you know?

Elena: I don't know... I somehow saw you were about to get impaled through the torso and arm, almost like I was--