Chapter Thirty-One: Dysfunctional

Tentacles and tendrils lashed out like a storm of merciless whips striking everything in their wake, yet they could not land a hit on Clare. Even with the whip's brake neck speeds, Clare was able to read them with ease and accordingly move in the area away from the tendrils. Clare's perception of Yoki had not only sharpened, but her perception of time itself changed. As the tentacles and tendrils from the Awakened Being were moving fast. In her mindset, they were moving as if they were a snail.

Clare's Thoughts: I wonder what happened to the other warriors that were meant to come on this mission, could they have made it here early and perished? Was the Awakened Being here just too much for them.

Clare gazed at the monstrous creature, its elongated neck stretched out and its head staring at her with little to no emotion. She remembered about Raki and Elena, so decided it was time to put the nail in the coffin against this monster. Clare looked down at her sword and with a simple command of Awaken, the eye-like symbol on the sword opened. The purple blade hummed and glowed with power. As more tendrils from the awakened being came at her, Clare paid them no mind and evaded all of them.

The awakened being was trying to understand why she was not able to make contact with this claymore, but feeling their Yoki made it clear. This Claymore was nothing like anything she has seen within her time as a warrior. Suddenly the warrior disappeared from the sight and just as the awakened being attempted to locate them it happened. Thousands and thousands of slashes laid into her. The awakened being did not even have time to scream before her body collapsed into millions of pieces.

Clare would reappear as if she was the wind before turning to the remains of the awakened being and raising her sword. Letting out another command, Devour. Almost like a black hole, the eye within the sword opened once more and began to suck in the remains of the Awakened Being. Nothing remained of the Awakened Being and after the "eye" had its fill it closed. Clare seeing this would place her sword back into its holster on her back.

Clare: I can feel the Yoki within my sword growing stronger, and through these new abilities, I am able to gather the remains of Yoma and Awakened Beings into it. Now, if we can just find out where Y/N went, things may just go smoothly for us. But . . . . why am I feeling something quite heinous in the distance?

~ Meanwhile ~

Clare would continue with her tasks as a Claymore for now, you were busy dealing with your new group of traveling companions. Observing them get a new feel of their new abilities. Nothing changes in them and feel after blending your blood with theirs. It was much quicker compared to Clare and Elena and less painful. Galatea and Ophelia were single-digits and Luciela was once a single-digit. But you were concerned what would happen when used with an Awakened Being.

You also saw Ophelia and Galatea had become much more "human" now compared to before. Galatea's once silver-white hair had become a dirty-blonde and her once silver eyes were now a bright amber. Plus, her pale skin was more lively, almost like she was never a Claymore to begin with. But the aura and power radiating from the woman.