Chapter Twenty-Nine: Eight vs One

The pain was the only thing that you could feel at the moment, your blurry vision was slowly beginning to recover from the devastating blow. The aching feeling was all over and was not going away. Gritting your teeth, you opened an eye to scan the area for Mundus, wondering why he did not finish the blow. It was here that you noticed he was standing away from you now. Someone else was here and it was not Galatea or Luciela like you expected, it was in fact, someone you did not expect.

Your Thoughts: Ophelia?!

For a brief moment, your eyes and Ophelia's met, the psychotic woman smirked and sent a strangely sweet wave at you. A painful shiver ran through your body, but you forced it to dissipate. You tried to get up but your body was still weak from the battle. You had to get up fast and aid in fighting Mundus because there was no way someone like Ophelia could deal with him. But there was a strange confidence coming from Ophelia, or was that insanity taking over the woman? You could not tell right now.

Ophelia: Well now, this is quite a treat, I could sense something was going on in this area and decided to venture this way. I expected something interesting, but I didn't think I'd see someone like you of all people on the ground battered and bruised.

Mundus: Do not ignore me, woman, why exactly have you come here?

Ophelia: Didn't you hear me earlier, I'm here to make you bleed, and prevent you from killing him over there, as I'm not done with fighting him.

Mundus: Humph, pathetic woman, do you honestly think you can--Oof!

Ophelia struck without a second thought and somehow this seemed to actually hurt Mundus. The wind left his body and his body went hurtling through the woods knocking down trees in an instant. Ophelia smirked at this attack before going over to your downed body. Raising your tree so the two of you could see eye to eye.

Ophelia: Only I'll be the one to carve into you, no one else.

With a quick peck to your forehead, Ophelia hoisted her claymore onto her shoulder and went off in the direction Mundus had gone. You tried calling for her to wait, but she did not listen simply waving a hand and telling you to rest up. You sensed the Yoki from Ophelia and knew it was high, but Mundus's power was monstrous from all the energy he absorbed. But that was when you noticed something about Mundus's energy. Your eyes widened at feeling it now, soon you swore wondering why you did not realize it sooner.

~ Ophelia's POV ~

Looking around the damaged area, Ophelia wondered had the hooded man ran away with his tail between his legs. But the reflection of her sword gave away his destination. Swiftly turning around she blocked the incoming attack with her claymore. But the force of the attack sent her skidding against the ground, the smile not leaving her face. Rushing back at Mundus, Ophelia was intent on killing him with ease. Swinging her sword, Mundus immediately blocked, but Ophelia followed with another swing, and another, and another, and another until Mundus was stuck in a violent whirlwind of metal. Something which he found confusing until a metal boot struck his face.

Knocking him off balance long enough for Ophelia to slice into him. Blood erupted from his body making him grunt. But Mundus would not take this lying down and sent a hand towards Ophelia only for it to spray blood across the grass and another spurt to erupt from his shoulder. Ophelia laughed at her work before sending another kick toward the monster, only for Mundus to grab her foot and slam her to the ground with enough force to kill a regular human. But Ophelia's smile did not waver as Mundus slammed her again, soon she proceeded to laugh which only infuriated the man even further. Just as Ophelia was prepared to get slammed again, it happened.