Chapter Thirty - The Prince of Darkness

Pain was the only thing you could feel as you slowly opened your eyes, this was not an easy task either as your eyes felt like weights were attached to them. But you would push through the hardships of the "weights" and open your eyes to the starry sky above you. While also feeling the warmth of a fire near you. Glancing to your right you could see the roaring of a fire brimming. But you could not see anyone around you, but you did feel your body was heavy. But as you wiggled a little, you noted the weight was coming from an excess source.

Moving your head down you noted the familiar silver hair of a Claymore, but the question was which one was laying on your now bare chest. Tilting your head to take a better look at the warrior, a chill ran down your spine at the familiar face of Ophelia. The latter was awake, silver eyes staring up at you with an innocent smile on her face. You didn't attempt to move now and just wanted to know why she laid on you.

Ophelia: Good, you finally awoke from your little nap, after that monstrous entity damaged you we had to carry you quite far as you would not wake up.

Y/N: We?

Ophelia: Galatea, Luciela of the South, and I. We had to carry you around for three days after you collapsed from fighting that thing. Right now they left to gather supplies and I decided to keep you company until you awoke. And to make sure your body didn't get cold while in the woods. I wouldn't want my greatest prey to die of a cold, so I kept you warm in the best possible way.

You looked to see Ophelia rubbing a circle around your chest with her . . . bare . . . finger . . . wait a minute? She's rubbing circles on your chest with her bare finger. Immediately looking under the sheet you were covered with and realized Ophelia's condition. You attempted to leap back from the psychotic Claymore, but you could hardly move. Ophelia pounced onto you, her silver eyes staring into your own eyes. The sheets tumble away allowing you to see Ophelia and the horrendous scar running down her body.

Looking at Ophelia once more in an attempt to stop her, you noticed something about her smile for once. Passed that psychotic smile and darkness within her silver eyes, you saw something else. Pain and a hint of sadness within those eyes. As if she was trying to deceive herself through the use of murder and mayhem. For once in your life you felt sympathy for her Ophelia, you lost your mother and there's no telling what she lost in her life.

???: Just what the hell are you doing?!

Leaning your head past Ophelia, you saw Luciela and Galatea walking towards the campfire. Luciela in her human form once more with a cloak covering her body. Galatea having discarded her armor to move freely for the time being. She was looking at the situation with Ophelia and yourself and simply pointed in a direction away from you and Ophelia. Ophelia saw this as an order to move which she surprisingly obliged to do. You closed your eyes and looked away from Ophelia as she put on attire back on.

Galatea: I swear we can't leave you alone for one minute with him. But I am glad to see that you are awake now, that battle with that monster was not what I was expecting. 

Luciela: Also we brought this to you, it was the only thing left from the battle, I am sorry but the sword you were wielding was destroyed.

Tossing the remains of Rebellion to you, it landed near you. Seeing your most prized possession be destroyed was so nerve-wracking. If Vergil were here to see you like this, he would probably say something like foolishness or pathetic. Feeling your strength return you reached out for the hilt and looked at it. Sighing you sat it down and wondered what you were going to do about this situation. Mundus was so much stronger now and was going to continue growing in strength until he turned this new world into his new domain. He destroyed all of your Devil Arms like they were simple toys and you felt the Royal Guard would do nothing against him either.