Chapter Twenty-Seven: A Vengeful Return

This scenario had to have been a dream or something; no way was the Dark Prince of Hell standing before you. He did not feel as strong as before, yet his energy was dreadful. How much energy did he take from Luciela, who could barely stay awake at the moment? 

Images and memories of past battles with the Emperor of Hell flashed through your eyes, and they were not images you wanted to remember. Neither you nor Mundus spoke for the moment, and the two of you forgot about the individuals behind you. Galatea was silent but sensed the opposing danger of this situation now. She already determined it would be near impossible for her to do anything right now.

Y/N: What brings the banished prince to this exciting little world I live in now? Now that I think about it, how did you get here in the first place?

Mundus: I am the Ruler of Hell; nothing is impossible for me. But if you must know, it was rage.

Y/N: Rage?

Mundus: Yes, rage at the thought of being defeated at your hands. RAGE THAT A GUNSLINGING, IMPUDENT WRETCH OF SPARDA HAD DESTROYED PRACTICALLY EVERYTHING THAT I WORKED SO HARD TO ACHIEVE! ANGER THAT A MERE HALFBREED WAS ABLE TO CONDEMN ME TO SUCH HUMILIATION!

The killing intent coming off Mundus was so intense you were starting to sweat from the pressure. You were gazing at Galatea to see her struggling to stay on her feet with the downed Luciela foaming from the mouth. This situation would not end well if Mundus continued his vengeance of killing you here. The action was the key here, and you needed to get Mundus away from the Claymore and Abyssal One.

The world turned silver and white as Quicksilver Style turned on, and as you rushed towards the monstrous demon, it happened. Mundus grabbed your face with a veiny hand out of the blue, something that honestly surprised you right now. 

Mundus: Did you think I would be overwhelmed by something like this. I told you about my rage, and it will be the tool in exterminating you.

Mundus did not give you a chance to speak before you tossed you with such a force you thought the sound barrier broke as you went hurtling through the woods. Smashing through trees, bushes, rocks, and even the foolish yoma lurking around became splattered remains after colliding with them. It took Rebellion and the ground to halt yourself. Sharp eyes stared forward as the wave of killing intent crept to you. Mundus was coming with vengeful rage powering him.

Y/N: It seems things will be a bit rocky from here now.

~Meanwhile~

Galatea did not know what happened with you and the one you called Mundus. You all disappeared out of the blue with a booming sound escaping into the world. Number Three noted the splintered and destroyed trees near her and realized Mundus may have sent you somewhere else. But just as Galatea was about head off in your direction, Galatea heard the coughing of Luciela and a hand grabbing her leg.

Luciela: Wait, I don't k-k-know what the thing is, but you have no chance of defeating that thing.

Galatea: I hate to admit it, but you may have a point; it also seems like he is growing more substantial. He could become a threat worse than the Abyssals if this thing is not defeated.

The ground suddenly rocked from the force nearby, which only worried Galatea more. She was unsure if she should go out there and check on you. Part of her knew she would get in the way and likely would not be capable of hurting Mundus. Even with the Yoki of Luciela pumping into his veins would probably be impossible to control.

Galatea's Thoughts: I hope you are capable of slaying this monster; it seems as if you have a history with this thing.

~ Elsewhere ~