Chapter Eight: A New Mix of Breeds

After what could be considered an eternity the violent wind had finally subsided down to a soft and calm breeze that went through the place. You were whistling to yourself wondering as to what had Clare done that had caused most of this to happen while checking on Raki and seeing him clinging to your coat for dear life as it seemed he was going to get sent flying off the mountain.

Y/N: Okay . . . You can let go now . . . The typhoon is over . . . . . .  RAKI!

Raki: What . . . Oh sorry.

Quickly letting go of your coat you looked around for Clare as you could not see her or the other Claymore anywhere but you could feel their Yoki but it felt like it was all over the place which wasn't good in your opinion. 

Raki: Where are they . . . . CLARE ARE YOU OUT THERE!!!???

Y/N: ARE YOU STILL IN ONE PIECE!!!???

Checking the environment one more time to see if the warriors were anywhere around the place but it seemed like it wasn't doing any good at all. You sighed once more starting to come to the inevitable, just as you were about to take Raki and leave you heard something. Turning around fast and looking through the place you saw two figures lying on the ground.

Your Thoughts: Oh thank the lord they're still in one piece but . . . Something feels . . . Different about now . . . . Their yoki almost feels . . . Almost feels like . . . . Mine?

You had noticed that Raki went over to check on them to see if they were alright and that's when he called you over after telling you that they looked different now, especially Clare in this case.

Your Thoughts: Huh . . . Not only did her hair grow slightly longer but . . . Their yoki feels closer to mine now . . . Huh, maybe it wasn't such a good idea to put my blood into the sword as well.

You look down at the two unconscious women noticed the differences first hand now, suddenly Clare's eyes twitched for a moment before they slowly opened revealing that she still had silver eyes, but they seemed slightly darker now for some reason, but it didn't stop there either. Her skin was slightly less pale than before and it her blonde hair had grown slightly to her shoulders, plus it was paler than usual now, almost white in your opinion.

You rubbed your chin before looking over at the other girl and noticed the same thing but slight differences though as her hair didn't grow but was now a dirty blonde color now and her skin had more color compared to Clare's was, almost like she wasn't a Claymore anymore.

Clare groaned for a moment before slowly getting to her knees as her eyes slowly fluttered open before she looked towards you and Raki and noticed the two of you were looking at her quite strangely now.

Clare: Is there a problem?

Y/N: Um . . . Actually Clare . . . I don't know what you did, but it seems to have caused some kind of an effect on you and your friend.

Clare: What do you mean?

Y/N: Um . . . Look into the reflection and you'll understand.

You could tell from Clare's reaction that she wasn't expecting her to look so different now.

Clare: What . . . What happened to me?

Y/N: Uh . . . I'll explain everything once we get settled somewhere okay? And take your friend as well, I can tell she's still alive as well.

Looking at Elena she could tell that she was still breathing before she crawled over towards she had tried shaking her for a moment but it seemed she was going to be out for a while now.