Consequences of our actions

Izuku knew he was being sloppy. His tracks were weak, he wasn't following through with any stretches or moves, and he wasn't paying much attention to Tiger either. He knew the hero had noticed his disheveled state, but must have taken pity on him and, for the most part, left him alone.

He was glad Aizawa was busy again with Shinso, otherwise he might have questioned what led to this, and that would be very awkward for the both of them. It was better for him to just move on from it. If he couldn't handle his own subconscious, it wasn't a great sign for his chances against actual threats. After shaking his head for the 20th time that hour, trying to clear the exhausted haze in his head, Izuku decided to was time for a break. There was no point training when you were doing it as badly as he was.
———————————————————————————
Shinso was worried for his friend, he seemed so out of it. He kept blinking, like he was trying to keep himself awake. During dinner it seemed he almost had fallen asleep, his face only a few inches above his plate of food as his eyes snapped open. Luckily enough, it seemed no one else had noticed, but that didn't really ease any of Shinso's worry. He knew his friend wouldn't want to talk to him, but maybe Aizawa would be able to coax him to talk. It might be worth bringing it up with the man tomorrow.

After dinner, they were apparently doing some "test of courage". His class, 1B, were hiding in the woods, trying to scare 1A as they came through.

It was fun to begin with, especially when he had taken control of Bakugo and made him scare Todoroki, who was his teammate for this. Seeing Todoroki jump, then bump into Bakugo, breaking his control, causing the blonde to jump out of anger and surprise at finding himself so close to his teammate. Shinso nearly died with laughter.

Unfortunately, the fun did not last long. Just as he had recovered from his laughter, some sort of gas seem to roll into the woods. He realised something must be wrong, and closed his mouth, covering it with his T-shirt, but he was a second too late, or his shirt wasn't thick enough. Either way, after only a minute of him attempting to stumble back to camp, he fell, black taking over his vision.
——————————————————————————
Of course it was his luck that he'd been the only one without a partner for this "test of courage". He stood in the remaining groups, waiting for his eventually turn. Izuku was now tired, angry and upset.

All he could do was stand there, tapping his foot impatiently. A few minutes after Todoroki and Bakugo had headed off, Izuku felt something.

He couldn't place it, until he noticed smoke rising from the forest. He was about to inform the other heroes, but they seemed to have noticed. "That isn't natural." Tiger said, and Izuku was inclined to agree. Fire didn't usually appear blue during forest fires. He was about to run back to their lodgings and inform Aizawa, Vlad King and the students they were looking after, those who had failed the exams, when he remember Kota. "Mandalay! I know where Kota is!" It seems she got message, and nodded at him to go. He ran off, heading to the place where he had sat with Kota the night before. He just hoped there weren't any villains. He would be much help in this state.
———————————————————————————
There was a villain.

There was a FUCKING VILLAIN! Because obviously the universe just hates him.

So now, after barely grabbing Kota out of the way of an attack, he was blocking the villain from attacking Kota again, the villain who just so happened to have also killed Kota's parents. It was almost poetic, if he wasn't about to die.

"Kota, you need to run. I can't beat Muscular, and that means I can't protect you while you're here." The boy appeared to be in shock, and Izuku couldn't blame him, but after a few moments he did get up and start running away.

He turned back to Muscular, just as the villain opened his mouth. "So, one of our targets just runs right into my hands. You make it so easy!" His fibres expanded, his massive muscles growing even larger.

"I might not be able to win, but I can certainly make it hurt, especially after what you did to Kota's parents." Izuku glared back at the crazed man in front of him, his face showing none of the emotions he had been feeling only minutes ago.

"I didn't kill them because I hated them, they just got in the way. They even gave me this metal eye." Muscular tapped the device. Izuku was glad this was a villain who liked to gloat and talk. It gave him time.

Which unfortunately had run out. "Now, let's get back to the killing you part. That sounds like the most fun to me!" Muscular leapt, but instead of dodging, Izuku leapt to meet.

Aiming right for that mechanical eye.
———————————————————————————
While searching the surrounding woodland, Aizawa did not expect to come across Kota running and crying. Unfortunately, due to the crying Aizawa couldn't understand what had happened and just assumed that he had been scared by the fire or some other villains attacking.

Aizawa carried the kid in his arms, and he started to calm down. He looked like he was about to open his mouth, only to break down crying again.

Aizawa was starting to expect it was something more, especially after Mandalay informed him that Izuku had gone to get Kota.

Just as they reached the door of their new base of defence, Kota had apparently calmed down enough to tell Aizawa what happened.

"He got Izuku." That sent an icy chill through him. He couldn't get too pushy, or the boy would break down again, and Aizawa needed to know. "Who?" "The villain who killed my Mama and Papa." Muscular. That was incredibly not good.

"He gave himself for me, even after I tried to hurt him." The boy broke down again, and Aizawa didn't know what to do.

He calmed slightly, enough to say this. "Please save him Mr hero, I don't want him to die like my Mama and Papa."

Aizawa could only respond with "I'll try my best kid."

He really wanted his husbands reassuring presence with him right now.

A/N soooo cliffhanger. I will start writing the next chapter now, but idk if it will be out soon. It's gonna be good, at least the idea in my head is good. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed and have a great day!