Chapter 16~Jesse Holland

I never see Shay around school anymore and if I do, she's conveniently going the opposite way I am. I don't care anymore, Sadie's my girlfriend now so why should I?

Sadie's nice but even though we've known each other for years, it seems like we're better off friends. But I'm desperate and I don't think Sadie wanted to ruin our friendship by saying no to me.

She even knows I'm using her but I'm guessing she's using me too or we wouldn't be together at all.

I'm at my locker when I notice that Shay and Cole are talking not to far down the hall. They don't seem to notice me as I pretend to search for something in my locker.

"So," Cole starts. "I was wondering...wanna go out Sunday? Like, as a date?"

I notice Shay hesitate. "I...I think we should just be friends."

That had to hurt, I'm glad she said no but how could Cole do this to me?

"Oh..." I look over and see that Cole looks uneasy. "Ok..."

"I'm sorry Cole, but I don't want to wreck our friendship and...sorry." Shay's shoulders sag.

"It's fine...I better go to gym class anyway...I'll see you later."

"Ok, bye."

I watch them separate but I don't feel bad, I just feel angry. Very angry.

💗~*~💗

So what are you all thinking? Probably that I ruined the book. I didn't, this is what's going to make it great. Hope you'll keep reading, it's going to get really upsetting but it'll all come together in the end.

You can read into that as much as you want, you still won't see what's coming. Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day/night! 💞