Chapter 31~Sasha Jordan

"I'm tired of being nice."

My therapist raises her eyebrows at my statement. "What do you mean by "nice"?"

I give an irritated sigh. "Kind, optimistic, respectful...you know. It just feels like I have to really force myself to act it."

"Why? What's wrong with being nice?"

"People take it as consent for them to step on you. To walk all over you like a sidewalk. They want people to pity them for their "traumatic" lives. Well, my ex tried to kill me! All anyone can say is, "I'm sorry to hear about that" and then they give me some kind of gift. As if a lasagna is going to erase those memories!"

My therapist jots something down in her notebook. "Do you know why your boyfriend tried to kill you?"

I nod. "He thought I was cheating and he can get mad over the smallest things. He didn't even mention it until the night in the alley."

My therapist gives me a sympathetic look. She continues asking questions and I can only bring myself to answer half of the questions. No matter what, the memories are still embedded in my mind there, they will remain forever.

Talking about it doesn't help, it's only making me feel worse.

Once I get home, I beg my mother to move. She's hesitant at first but then concedes.

💗~*~💗

And that's why Sasha's at Mount Baker. If you think for a second that Sasha's part is over, you're wrong. It's only just begun.

Thank you for reading and I hope you're enjoying the book so far! Have a great day/night! 💞