Chapter 21~Shay Dixon

My phone rings rapidly on my way out the door. I sigh, I don't want to be late for school so I shouldn't bother answering it. I might as well look to see who it is.

I dig my phone out of my back pocket and see that it's Cole. I hear my mother's voice in my head. "Boys are too distracting, stick to your schoolwork. Always remember: Eyes on the prize." She uses the quote a lot and it can get very annoying but I know she's right. I hear the phone ring a third time.

I hesitate before accepting his call.

"What is it Cole?" I sigh.

"Are you at school yet?" His voice has a hint of excitement in it, like he's dying to tell me something.

"No...why?"

"Someone did a major spray job. Almost the whole school is a completely different colour."

I raise my eyebrows and hop into my car. "Really? Have they found out who did it yet?"

"No, but whoever did it clearly has no life. I mean, who would put that much effort into covering a school?"

"Fair enough." I can't help but wish that whoever did it had invited me. Then again, I think I've had enough fun in my life for now. "How exactly did they paint it? Just a new colour or words and drawings?"

Cole pauses. "Well, landscapes I guess. The person is clearly not going to be looking into any art careers."

I laugh. "Ok, well I should probably drive to school now..."

"Oh, I'm sorry for being too distracting." Cole teases.

I smirk and roll my eyes. "In your dreams."

"I am in my dreams too." Cole laughs. "Ok, later."

"Bye Cole." I hang up and then drive to the school.

~*~

When I get to school, sure enough, there is spray paint all over it. Cole was right when he said the person wasn't an artist. They definitely aren't. I walk all around the school, examining the scenes.

One of the paintings seems to be of a city. The other in in the mountains and someone appears to be hunting. The mountain scene reminds me of Moyie Lake.

The two scenes seemed so different in style that I'm almost positive that they are done by two different people.

If they're even done by people. Honestly, I think my cat could have done a better job-no offence to the artists.

I head to my English class and as soon as I step through the door, the last bell rings.

"Miss Dixon, you are late." Mr. Connor flares up from his computer at me.

"Actually, I just made it." I point out.

Mr. Connor raises his eyebrows and adjusts his glasses. "I'll let you off with a warning, shall it not happen again."

"It shall not." I couldn't resist.

Mr. Connor ignores it. "Good, now have a seat."

I sit down in my usual spot next to Cole. "That was a bit over dramatic." I whisper.

Cole shrugs. "Depends on your definition of over dramatic." I raise one eyebrow but he just continues. "When an octopus gets stressed out, it eats itself. Now that's over dramatic."

I smirk and give him a light kick under the desk. He returns it.

💗~*~💗

Hope you enjoyed! There will be another new point of view next chapter and I hope you guys can keep up. Don't worry-for the most part the story is all cantered around one problem. Have a great day/night! 💞