Chapter 25~Alexandra Brooks

"Alexandra?" I whirl around to see Sasha Jordan call out my name on my way to class.

"Yeah?" I hesitate, I really don't want to be late.

"Can we talk for a second?" Sasha's bright blue eyes bore into my own, making me self conscious.

"I guess...but first bell already rang and I don't want to be late, so-"

"You'll be fine. Better late then never!" I wonder if anyone truly believes themselves when they say that quote. I doubt it.

"Ok then, what is it?"

Sasha's hand makes a small fist at her side but she seems oblivious to it as she begins. "I don't really know how to say this but I noticed you've been hanging out with Adam a lot. You know, my boyfriend. I was wondering if you could...I don't know...back off?"

I'm speechless. She has no right to tell me who to hang out with! "Well, it sounds like you know exactly how to say it. But you see, my brother knows him really well and we hang out lots so I-"

"Excuse me but I don't think you know that I only want to stop you from getting hurt." Her voice is slow and steady, emotionless.

"What do you mean?" I shift my feet, not sure I really want to know.

"I didn't want to be the one to tell you this but...he thinks you're annoying. Very annoying. And kind of...immature-his words not mine, of course."

I clench my hands in fists. How dare she! "You're lying!"

Sasha's expression softens. "Am I? Why would I care? He's my boyfriend after all, I already have him."

"Exactly! You don't want me to get in the way!"

"Oh Alexandra...it's not your fault. Why should you care what he thinks? I'm sure you'll find a very...nice guy one day. What's one in a million?"

Her expression is blank, her eyes appear dead. I can't take it anymore. "Why are you doing this?"

"I just don't want him to lead you on. Of course he's going to be nice to you-he's not a monster. Plus, he's friends with your brother!"

I don't know what to say. "You're psychotic!"

Sasha gives a half smile but her eyes remain cold and distant. "I know."

The final bell rings and she walks away, her footsteps soundless.

💗~*~💗

What do you guys think? Is Sasha lying or is she actually telling the truth?

Hope you enjoyed and thank you for continuing to support me by just reading this book, it means a lot to me. Have a wonderful day/night! 💞