Chapter 55~Shay Dixon

My side feels like it's burning. I see a blur of motion as Sasha dashes off into the distance. No one follows her. They won't catch her. Besides, she still has her gun.

I let out a cry of agony and I see Sadie hang back, typing on her phone rapidly before putting it up to her ear. Cole is at my side instantly.

"Shay?" He trembles. "What are you doing here?"

"I-I had to find you..." I choke out the words. As I do so, my side burns. "Sasha was wrong...I don't know why I believed her...Sadie heard your conversation in the hallway and...told me everything...I'm so, so sorry Cole."

Cole shakes his head. "I should have told you sooner too. I..." Cole pauses, looking like he's in as much pain as I am, "there's so much blood, Shay..."

I bite my lip to stop myself from crying out in pain. "I'll be fine. I just...need some...rest."

"Don't go to sleep!" Cole warns me, resting his left hand on my cheek. "Whatever you do, stay awake. Understood?"

I give him a weak smile. "Yes."

"Why did you run out like that?" Cole asks. He takes off his black hoodie and covers my side with it.

"She would've killed you Cole...I had to tell you I am sorry and...I hope you will forgive me." Tears leak from the corners of my eyes.

Cole looks shocked. "Forgive you? How could I not? You saved my life!"

I let out a sigh of relief. "Good, now kiss me." I laugh and he leans down to kiss me. Despite all we've been through, I feel secure now. No matter what happens, I know Cole won't hurt me on purpose.

The kiss is like something out of a fairy tale-magical. Except the princess is bleeding out because she saved the prince. Inside, I know that in this fairy tale, there isn't a happily ever after.

Cole looks into my pale blue eyes, his own filled with sadness. "I love you, Shay."

A warm feeling engulfs me but it's not just because of Cole. I know I'm losing blood very fast. I try to talk but it's nearly impossible to breathe. I can't say it back. I smell the fresh forest ground, now covered in a good percentage of my blood. I hear the scream of sirens in the distance. I feel the little life I have left in me ebbing away and seconds later, everything goes black.

💗~*~💗

The end! Just kidding, although I did consider ending it there. There are only three chapters left so I hope you've been enjoying this story. As always, have a great day/night! 💞