Chapter 44~Sasha Jordan

It's December 31st, exactly one week before school starts and New Year's Eve.

I head to the store to pick up some snacks. It'll just be my mom, Summer and her mom, and Summer's new boyfriend. I haven't met him yet but I really hope he's a lot smarter than Summer. For his sake and mine.

I bump into someone at the store and, when I see who it is, all I can hear is my heartbeat as it begins to accelerate.

"Sasha?"

Cole. I force myself to remain calm, to not shake. "Get away from me, Chambers."

Cole looks hurt which is almost hilarious considering all he has done. All he has done to me.

"It doesn't have to be this way." Cole says softly.

How dare he make this sound like it's all my fault! "You make it pretty difficult to be any other way."

Cole raises his eyebrows. "I don't know why you keep blaming me for everything. Considering you're the one that overreacted."

"Overreacted? You caused this!" I point to the long, narrow scar under my right eye.

"You fell on the broken vase. You remember, the one you threw across the room when you overreacted!"

I ball my hands into fists and force myself to walk away. Now isn't the right time. I have to be patient.

My New Year's Resolution? To make Cole's life miserable.

💗~*~💗

Thank you for reading and have a great day/night! 💞