Chapter 57~Shay Dixon

I wake up in a strange room, pain enveloping my body. I twist my head, the only thing that doesn't hurt to move, and notice I'm in a hospital.

There are three tubes in my body. Each is transporting something into me. I have no idea what though. I only know that one of them is very likely blood. Not my blood, but someone else's. The thought of having someone else's blood in me makes me feel ill. I tense up which, in turn, shoots a wave of pain through me.

The sheets on me are off-white and paper thin. They suggest a body more than reveal one. I really hope the pain killers are the only reason why I don't feel anything.

A few minutes later, a nurse comes in. She explains how I'll only be in the hospital for a few more days and then I should be fine. The bullet didn't hit anything too important and I got very lucky. She even mentions how a "very handsome boy" has kept stopping by, asking to see me and waiting for me to wake up. I automatically think of Cole.

"Can I see him?" I ask desperately.

The nurse shakes her head. "Unfortunately he went home for the day but I'm positive he'll be back by tomorrow and then you definitely can."

"Ok, thank you." I drift back to sleep, happy to know that Cole is safe and that he cares.

💗~*~💗

Last chapter will be posted tomorrow!! Hope you've enjoyed this book and thank you so much for your support! As always, have a great day/night! 💞