Chapter 53~Shay Dixon

I rush through the forest trails, Sadie on my heels. "Cole?" I call out his name but of course I don't get any response.

I hear a gunshot and fear shoots through my veins. I race towards the sound, shocked at how close it sounded.

Suddenly, I see a flash of purple. Sasha's jacket. Sadie grabs my wrist. "Don't go, she has a gun. We have nothing."

As much as I hate to admit it, Sadie's right. I should've brought something. I can't bear to see Cole suffer though. I hide in the bushes and see Sasha aiming the gun at Cole who is only a few meters away from her. It's a simple handgun but I know that with a as close of a range as she is, it could kill him easily.

"What happened between you and your ex? Was it really self defence?" Cole's stalling for more time.

Sasha looks very angry. Worse than I've ever seen her. "I guess I can tell you. After all, you'll be dead in a matter of minutes..."

"Well...yes..." Cole hesitates. "If you let me go though, I won't tell anyone."

Sasha snorts. "They always say that. What happened to my ex? That's quite easy to explain."

Cole raises his eyebrows, waiting. Beside me, Sadie pulls out her phone and presses record.

"His name was Caleb Tanner, broke up with me not long after we started dating. However, I later saw him with another girl and found out from one of his friends that he was cheating." Sasha pauses at the memory. "I tried to kill him and, the first time, I failed. He was going to call the police so I ran into an alley and he tried to stop me. I was shocked when he pulled out a hunting knife. It was a hunting knife that no one ever thought he would use."

Cole waits for Sasha to continue and, after a moment of silence, she does. "I then stabbed him. When the police got to the scene, I claimed he had been trying to kill me."

"And now?" Cole inquires.

"And now, I'm going to kill you." Her bright blue eyes are wild and I know she means every word. Sasha raises her handgun to aim at Cole.

I wiggle out of Sadie's grip and race out in front of Cole just in time. The shot rings out loud and I collapse to the ground.

💗~*~💗

Don't we all love cliffhangers? I know some of you may be confused at Sasha's story so let me try and explain a bit...

The first few chapters of Sasha's time in the alley is what she told the police. It was all her imagination and that's not how it went down. She wasn't caught hugging her cousin or any of that.

Thank you for reading and the next chapter will be the last Adam chapter! Have a great day/night! 💞