Chapter 45~Adam Miller

"Remember the night we met?" I ask Sasha, who's walking beside me in the park.

"Of course, I will never forget anything." She smiles, looking up at the starry night sky. It's her first genuine smile in what seems like weeks.

"Not even if someone apologizes?"

Sasha turns to face me, looking me straight in the eye. "Especially not. Forgiveness means nothing if it is forgotten."

I wonder for a second what she means but, as always, I don't question her.

Sasha continues. "I don't regret breaking you up with Summer though..."

Summer. Just her name brings back memories. Not many great ones, might I add. "Did she ever forgive you?"

Sasha shakes her head. "No. I suppose I can't blame her though."

"She did lose quite the guy." I laugh. Sasha smiles and wraps her arms around me.

I pull her close and we stand in the park, alone, the glowing full moon high in the dark sky. Eventually my voice cuts like a knife through the air. "I'm sorry she died."

Sasha doesn't say anything more, just tightens her hold on me and starts to cry. For all the months we've been together, not once have I seen her cry.

I rub my hand up and down her back, kissing the top of her head. "It's ok, her suicide was not your fault, there's nothing you could have done to prevent it."

💗~*~💗

What do you guys think? Have a great day/night! 💞