Chapter 56~Sadie Roberts

I watch Cole desperately try to come up with a way to help Shay. He searches for something else to help cover the wound but I know there's nothing more he can do. The ambulance doesn't sound too far away but does Shay have enough time?

I can only pray that she's unconscious and not dead. I hear footsteps and I freeze up. Instead of Sasha though, it's Juliette and a boy I don't know.

The guy seems horrified at the sight of blood and I know he's safe. His dark brown hair looks ruffled and his blue eyes show nothing but shock.

"What..." Juliette starts, her grey-blue eyes darting around the crime scene.

I rush to explain before they start assuming. "Sasha tried to kill Cole and Shay stepped in and took a bullet to the side...Sasha ran away that way but she'll be long gone and she still has her hand gun."

Cole turns around, finally taking his eyes off Shay, only to glare at Juliette. "What are you doing here?"

Juliette shifts closer to the guy she's with. "Aidan and I were just hanging out on the beach and we heard a gunshot."

Cole rise to his feet. "And instead of calling someone for help, you just decided to swing by and check it out?" He says bitterly.

Juliette bites her lip and Aidan steps forward. "It's almost Summer, there's lots of people that go hunting around here. How were we supposed to know, from miles away, that it would turn out to be a gunfight?"

"It's no hunting season and a gunfight would imply that more than one person had a gun. Does it look to you like more than one person had a gun?"

"People don't always hunt during hunting season." Aidan points out.

I step in. "Guys, arguing isn't helping. It won't make any difference between what's happened and what's happening. I can hear the sirens close by, stop arguing and make sure Shay's still alive!"

Cole doesn't have to be told twice as he immediately rushes back to Shay's side. He carefully lifts her left wrist and presses two fingers to it, checking for a pulse. I hold my breath and watch as Cole sets it down. His eyes are clouded with grief but I can tell by the glimmer of hope in his eyes that her heart hasn't stopped yet.

Juliette and Aidan look around some more, unsure of what to do. I walk towards them.

"You might as well head back to the beach." I remark, nodding to where they came from. "You won't be of much use here. We have it covered and the police won't need to question either of you...I don't think so anyway."

Juliette nods. "Ok...we're sorry we didn't call anyone...I don't know what we were thinking." Aidan nods in agreement.

I want to yell at them too, almost as much as Cole does probably, but I hold back. After that little speech I made, I would be a hypocrite not to obey it.

Almost as soon as Juliette and Aidan leave, they are replaced by cop cars and ambulances.

💗~*~💗

That was the last Sadie chapter! There are two chapters left, both from Shay's POV. Hope you enjoyed and have a great day/night! 💞