Chapter 48~Sasha Jordan

"Sasha! You should come and meet my boyfriend!" Summer's voice chimes almost as soon as I enter my house.

I set down the bags of chips and pop on the kitchen counter, which is already piled with other snacks. Why exactly did we need chips and pop? "Ok..."

I follow Summer into the living room where I see Aunt Ivy sitting across the room with one of the hottest guys I've ever seen.

His eyes are a dark, forest green and his short, chestnut brown hair is combed forward. His gorgeous eyes meet mine and he smiles.

"Hi, my name's Adam."

I smile. "I'm Sasha."

Summer smiles but it seems to be forced. Aunt Ivy welcomes me. "Sasha! It's been a while since I saw you. Did you get a new boyfriend yet?" She teases.

I shake my head. "Keeping my options open."

Adam nods. "Good idea."

Aunt Ivy turns to Summer. "Let's go to the kitchen dear, leave Sasha and Adam to get to know each other."

Summer hesitates, looks back at Adam and I, before reluctantly leaving. She takes her time, walking very slowly.

"Did you just move to Cranbrook?" Adam asks.

"Yes, from Nanton, it's in Alberta."

"Nice, may I ask why you moved?"

I bite my tongue. "My mom got a better job offering."

"I see, it must have been hard to leave."

I shrug, not wanting to admit how easy of a decision it actually was, that will only lead to more questions. "I think I'll like it here."

"I think you will too."

~*~

Ten minutes until New Years. Summer and Adam have disappeared and I'm dying to find out why. I get my chance when Aunt Ivy tells me to go find them.

When I do, they are upstairs in the guest room where Summer's staying.

A million worried fill my head and I know that Summer isn't THAT kind of girl but what about Adam?

Instead, I hear Summer crying. The door is open a crack so I can see Summer sitting at a wooden desk in the corner. Adam is standing, trying to calm her down. I step forward to make out what they're saying.

"It was never going to work out." Adam's voice is soft but firm.

Summer only cries more. "Why? Why aren't I good enough for you? Is...is it because of her? Sasha?"

Adam hesitates. "We both know it's a bit more complicated than that..."

"But you admit that she is part of the reason." At least she can take a hint now, a couple months ago she would've let it slide. Maybe I was too quick to judge her.

"Look Summer...you're a great girl but you just aren't the one. I don't want to lead you on so it's best that we end it hear."

Summer starts to cry harder. I back away into the bathroom and watch as Adam opens the door and goes downstairs alone.

It's not my fault, I say to myself. But deep down, a part of me knows it is. Yet I don't feel guilty. No, I just feel like I was rewarded. Like I was given a gift I had begged for years for on Christmas.

Now I just have to do something about Summer. I think I know just the trick.

💗~*~💗

Thank you so much for reading and please let me know what you think in the comments section. This is the second last Sasha chapter. The last one you may want to skip if you are depressed.

I don't want to spoil anything so I won't explain but if you skip it, it won't make a difference in your perspective of the story. Have a great day/night! 💞