Chalter 46~Shay Dixon

The next day at school, Cole's gone. He's never gone-besides the time he was in the hospital. I almost text him but then I delete my message. I remind myself that there's still forty minutes left of english and maybe he just had an appointment. After all, he probably won't tell me anymore if he did.

Eventually, he shows up.

"Where were you?" I ask as he sits down.

"Why? Worried?" I want to smack the grin off his face. Then I notice how forced it seems and how he seems to shake a bit. I decide to ignore it.

"Why? Should I be?"

Cole shakes his head. "Just slept in."

I nod, knowing very well that Cole is as much of an early bird as it gets. I decide to just change the topic. "Come on, we need to get this project done. Mr. Connor gave us one more day but let's get this over with."

"Someone's awfully eager." The teasing tone in his voice is gone. For a moment I fool myself into thinking he's disappointed.

"Of course...seen you?" I feel my hopes go up...

"Mhmm." ...and come crashing down to knock me out.

💗~*~💗

The next chapter is important so make sure to read it carefully!! Thank you so much for continuing reading, the book is almost over. Heads up: the ending is a cliffhanger but luckily there will be a second book.

I think I'm making this series a trilogy but we'll see how this book goes. Thank you for all of your support and have a wonderful day/night! 💞