Chapter 29~Juliette Austin

I hear a knock on my bedroom door and open it to see my brother, Kaiden. "What do you want Kaiden?"

Kaiden waltzes in like it's his bedroom. "Samantha told me her sister, Alex, committed suicide."

I raise my eyebrows, a bit surprised that he would know. Then I remind myself that he and Samantha are the same age and are fairly good friends. "Yeah I know, now what's your point?"

Kaiden shrugged. "Sam said her sister wasn't depressed and had bragged about her grades and what colleges she was planning on going to all the time."

I bite my lip. "People change, Kaiden."

"Yeah well, Sam says the suicide letter was forced."

This catches my interest but I don't let Kaiden know. Instead, I roll my eyes. "How would she have figured that out?"

Kaiden shrugs. "I don't know. Sam just claimed it didn't sound at all like her."

I sigh and sit down at my desk. "People are probably a nervous wreck before they commit suicide. Of course she wouldn't sound like herself, she was probably really scared."

"Maybe..." Kaiden still doesn't seem to believe me.

"Why? What does Sam think happened?" I'm faintly interested in what the eleven-year-old would come up with. Maybe she thinks someone cursed Alexandra. Sam has always had a big imagination.

Kaiden shrugs. "Sam thinks she was murdered."

I roll my eyes. "Who would have murdered her?"

"I don't know. Sam said something about a guy. I think his name starts with an "a" or something...he's friends with her brother..."

"Adam?" Even as I say it, I know it's probably not him. Although it does make me consider him. I know Alexandra was around him often enough.

Kaiden's eyes light up. "Yeah, that's his name!"

"Why would she think it's Adam?"

"Don't ask me, I hardly know Alexandra or Adam."

I nod. "Ok."

Maybe Kaiden isn't crazy, Adam definitely could have done it. He seems smart enough. I can even picture it.

💗~*~💗

What do you guys think? Hope you enjoyed, this is that last of Juliette's point of view for a while. Have a great day/night! 💞