Chapter 36~Shay Dixon

I drive to Cole's house in a light blue dress. It ends just at the knee and has off-the-shoulder sleeves. Cole's favourite colour is blue so it was the obvious choice. Besides, it was one of my only three formal dresses.

I park the car in front of Cole's house and take his present out of the back. I am just about to ring the doorbell when the door swings open to reveal Cole.

He is wearing a simple dark blue tux. I'm actually surprised he put it on despite the formal theme.

"Nice dress." He grins, backing up to let me in.

I roll my eyes. "Don't get used to it."

"Too late." He lifts my chin up lightly and brushes a kiss across my lips.

"Happy Birthday."

~*~

The party was great and when the guests leave, I help Cole and his parents clean up. Cole and I are in the kitchen when I remember Sasha's texts.

"Hey Cole, I forgot to tell you. Sasha texted me yesterday and I'm meeting up with her tomorrow-" I pause when I see Cole's face. The laughter from the evening dies from his eyes and is replaced with horror. "Cole, what is it?"

Cole gives a weak smile. "Nothing, I just don't really trust you with Sasha. You know what happened with her and her boyfriend..."

I shake my head. "Those are just rumours. Besides, we did the same thing in a way."

Cole shrugs. "I suppose...but how do you know she didn't kill him on purpose?"

"She seems innocent enough." I state, but Cole's face only grows paler.

"Can I come with you at least?" Cole suggests.

I shake my head in reply and turn the kitchen sink on. "Sasha specifically told me to come alone."

"Even more of a reason for me to come with you."

I sigh. "I'll be fine Cole. You have nothing to worry about. She's meeting me in public anyway, she won't be able to hurt me there even if she wanted to."

Cole only nods slowly, not saying anything else but far from being at ease. I can't do anything else about it though so we silently finish cleaning up.

💗~*~💗

Suspicious? Protective? Guilty? Which do you think Cole is? Remember, few characters in this story are completely innocent. Have a great day/night! 💞