S e v e n

CHARLIES POV

I groaned, waking up with a pounding headache and massive confusion about what happened to me. It took me a second, but images of Klaus flooded my mind. I shot up in bed, looking around.

"Don't worry— he's not here." Katerina huffed. "You're safe... for now."

I looked around the apartment, I remembered Damon being here but I couldn't see him.

"Is Damon..." I questioned not sure whether to ask if he was dead or alive.

"He's alive... for now." Katherine answered, walked towards the bed. I rolled my eyes— her and all the "for now" talk made me really annoyed. "What's going on with you and Klaus?"she questioned

"Umm—" I said clearly confused. "Well he hit me in the head, knocked me out and left me here with you... that about sums it up."

"It's more than that." She insisted, searching my face for answers but I didn't know what she was talking about.

"Katherine. I don't have time for this." I huffed, pulling myself out of the bed. "Where did Damon go?"

"How should I know?" She snapped. "No one trusts me enough to tell me things."

She was right, we didn't. I headed for the door, not sparing her a second glance.

"Where are you going?" She questioned.

"Anywhere but here. I can't sit here while my friends risk there lives." And I slammed the door behind me, taking off for the old house where Bonnie was laying low.

***

I walked into the creepy old house, floorboards creeping below my feet. I hated it out here, I had no idea how Bonnie stayed here all week.

"Hello?" I called out and Alaric walked around the corner, with an expression that could only be described as depressing. "Alaric, what's wrong? Did Elena—"

"She's fine." He assured me. "It's Jenna."

My throat went dry. Jenna had been like a sister to me— I would say she was like a mom but Jenna was way to cool to be a mom. She was there for me in ways my parents never have been, she offered advice, she talked to me.

"What happened Alaric?" My breath was shakey, not sure I was ready for the answer he would give me. Jenna was never supposed to know about this world, let alone be roped into it.

"She's gone Charlie." He could barely look me in the eye. He was the picture of a broken man. First his wife, now his girlfriend.

"Gone? Like—" I was in disbelief. This couldn't be true. What could have gone so wrong that resulted in this?

"Klaus killed her." Stefan said, joining Alaric and me. I could tell he was taking over being the bearer of bad news for Alaric because it was to hard for him to say the words out loud.

"Why?" I wept. I didn't make any sense. Why Jenna? I could feel my heart cracking, tiny, individual pieces shattering with every breath. I couldn't imagine how Elena and Jeremy felt. They were pretty limited in living family and now Jenna was gone to.

"Because he wanted to." Stefan sighed. "Because we interfered, we tried to stop him and he made us pay for it."

"No— this can't. I can't. I just—" I couldn't form a sentence, I couldn't form a thought.

Stefan closed the gap between us, putting his hands on my shoulders. "Look I know it's a lot, but there's more."

More? This was already bad, I couldn't take anything worse. My chest felt like it was about to explode, I was fearful that the next words from Stefans mouth might make me crumble. Was Bonnie okay? Damon? Caroline?