T h i r t y - t w o

CHARLOTTES POV

I didn't expect him to be eager to help, but I didn't expect him to straight up refuse me either. I was standing in the foyer of his house, watching his back as he disappeared deeper into the house. My jaw was practically on the floor.

"Well...this was surely entertaining." Marcel blurted.

"Come on Char." Hudson grabbed my hand, intertwining his fingers with mine. "Let's just go."

"We can't!" I snapped.

"We have too."  he said softly, trying not to upset me further.

"You'll die." I locked my eyes with his, trying to get him to understand how serious I was about this. He just let out a deep breath. "You don't happen to know where Elijah is, do you?" I asked Marcel.

"He's around." Marcel admitted. "If you two want to head back to the bar, I can get someone to bring him to meet you."

"Really?" I questioned.

"Sure, why not." he grinned.

*****

Hudson and I sat beside eachother on the barstools, the bartender poured both of us a drink as we waited for Elijah.

"It'll be fine." I whispered to him. "Elijah is more reasonable then Klaus." I looked over at Hudson who was starting to look worse the more time that passed. It was probably only a matter of time before the worst of side effects started to kick in.

"Let's hope." Hudson half heartedly smiled, giving my hand a squeeze. I hated seeing him this way.

"Charlotte?" Elijah questioned from behind us. I turned to see him dressed in his typical attire, a suit. He hadn't changed, but then of course he hadn't we never aged.

"Elijah." I greeted.

"You're--" he looked me up and down.

"A vampire." I finished for him. "Been this way for seven years."

He shared the same look as Klaus, disbelief. I guess they really didn't know. Part of me wondered if they had checked up on me at all.

"I'm so sorry." he said, and I could tell he meant it. He didn't need the how or the why. "It is really great to see you."

I didn't know what to say. On one hand, it was great to see Elijah. But on the other, I was angry with them for leaving and never looking back. But I didn't have time for my grudges, I just needed help for Hudson.

"I need your help Elijah." I admitted.

"Anything." he said immediately.

"I need you to get Klaus to give us a little bit of his blood." I explained. "My fiancé, Hudson was bit by a wolf.. I can't let him die."

His face fell at the word fiancé, the same way Klaus's looked. I didn't think after all this time either of them would be bothered, so maybe I was reading this situation wrong.

"You're engaged?" He questioned, looking at Hudson then back to me.

"I am." I smiled, holding my left hand up that housed my diamond ring.

"I see." He nodded once. "You've already spoken to Niklaus about this?"

"We did."

"I'm guessing he turned you down." He didn't seem shocked. Why would he be? Klaus was always cruel, he just didn't use to be towards me.

"Yeah, he turned us down." I huffed.

Elijah was quiet. He looked deep in thought. There was no way he was contemplating helping me or not, was there? That wouldn't be like him. He wouldn't want to hurt me. That was never Elijah's style. I know it has been along time, but still.