T w e n t y - e i g h t

KLAUS POV

I was standing in my room, a paint brush in hand, gently pulling colorful strokes over the blank canvas. I didn't know what to paint, my mind could only focus on one thing.

Her.

Last night.

The way she felt, the way she tasted still lingering on my lips.

I wanted this forever, I wanted her forever. But this morning a realization hit me, one I couldn't shake, one I needed the answers to.

Which is why I had called my brother for help.

"Yes Niklaus? You summoned me." he deadpanned, joining me in my room.

I put the paint brush down and faced him, my face was serious and he could tell.

"I need you do to something for me." I said. "For us actually."

****

A few days later my siblings and I were scattered throughout the house, each minding our business. I was sitting in the dining room with Kol when Elijah burst into the room.

"Klaus, we need to go now." his face was a mixture of both fear and anger.

"What is it?" I questioned, Kol and I both rising to our feet.

"Stefan called, trouble at the Salvatore house." he answered, "Charlottes there."

Before he could say anything else, we were both dashing out of the house. The Salvatores wasn't far but it felt like ages as we tried to get there.

When we arrived, the two of us rushed inside only to be met by a breathless and panting Stefan and Damon. Damon was picking wood splinters out of his shoulder.

I looked around the room but couldn't find Charlotte.

"Where is she?!" I growled.

"They took her." Stefan answered, his face hanging low.

"Whose they?" Elijah asked.

"We don't know! They babbled off about being someone Klaus would know. And boy, did they really hate you." Damon huffed, his usual sarcasm lingering in his tone.

"I don't have time for your sarcasm." I spat. "What else did they say? What did they look like?"

"They were vampires and judging by their strength, old ones. Damon and I didn't stand much of a chance." Stefan answered. "They wanted Charlie. That's what they came for."

"And of course neither of you could stop them!" I yelled, clenching my fists at my sides.

"Brother not now." Elijah ordered. "Where's the little Bennett witch?"

"Bonnie isn't talking to us since everything that happened with your mommy dearest." Damon huffed.

"Call her now. We need her to do a locator spell." Damon pulled out his phone and dialed the witch. She didn't answer, so he called again and she finally did. At first she was angry, but when Damon told her what had happened, she jumped to help. She said she had a friendship bracelet Charlotte gave her she could use to locate her.

"She's at wickery bridge." Damon echoed Bonnie's words to us and we all took off.

When we pulled up to the bridge, I saw her. I saw Charlotte dangling off the edge of the bridge by a rope that was held by a vampire I didn't recognize.

I rushed out of the car and towards the vampire, wrapping my hands around there neck.

"Who the hell are you and what do you want?" I demanded, I could hear Charlotte struggling and yelping in pain but Elijah, Stefan and Damon were pulling her up.