T w e l v e

"Did you miss me?" A wicked grin was sprawled across his face. My jaw was practically on the ground, my eyes trailing from him down to Elijah.

"You just daggered your brother in front of me, and that's all you have to say?" I snapped. He was unbelievable.

"Elijah is fine." he deadpanned, his tone was sharp. He stepped over his body and closed the gap between us. With every step he took towards me my heart raced and my palms started to sweat. There was something about Klaus that made me nervous and not fearful nervous, it was a different kind.

"Close enough." I slurred, pressing my hand against his chest giving him a small shove while I stumbled backwards over my own feet.

"Have you been drinking?' he asked, looking my face over. I guess it was that obvious.

"Maybe just a little." I laughed, holding my fingers up into a small pinch.

He rolled his eyes "You shouldn't be--"

"Nik, what is taking so long?" a beautiful blonde interrupted, walking up from behind Klaus. "Jesus Niklaus, what have you done to Elijah?"

"Relax Rebekah." He huffed, clearly annoyed with the girl. "He's only daggered."

"Of course he is, because you love to dagger people for no reason!" she snarked.

I couldn't help myself, it was a combination of seeing Klaus be scolded and the alcohol that made me burst out laughing. Klaus turned around to face me with narrowed eyes and the girl looked completely unamused.

"Who's this?" she looked me up and down. I probably would have been intimidated had I been sober, but right now I couldn't help but find it funny. "Is she a snack? because I'm starved."

She stepped over Elijah, getting closer to me and I swallowed hard. Now, I was a little nervous.

"No." Klaus snapped, blocking her from getting any closer with his arm. She looked down at his arm then back at him with wide eyes. He tried to play it off by casually introducing us. "This is Charlotte."

"I keep telling him I go by Charlie." I slurred, putting my hands on my hips.

"Yeah nice to meet you I'm sure." she brushed me off, turning her attention back to Nik. But I didn't like her attitude and again, the alcohol was making me bolder than I should have been. "And you are? One of Klaus's girlfriends?"

Both of them turned to look at me and Klaus cracked a smile, laughing under his breath. Rebekah just looked disgusted.

"God no." she spat.

"Charlotte, this is my sister Rebekah."

"Sister?" I questioned, looking between the two of them. I guess Klaus really did go get his siblings for Elijah but that meant there were more originals here, which was a little unsettling.

"Mhm." she nodded. "Can we go now?"

"Take Elijah and go, I'll catch up shortly." he ordered her and she didn't argue. It seemed like she was used to him telling her what to do. She lifted Elijah off the ground like he weighed nothing, lucky her for that vampire strength.

Klaus and I were alone on the porch again, he was staring at me in a way that set my insides on fire but made me uncomfortable at the same time. I hated myself for finding him attractive but I did. Anyone with eyes could see that Klaus was good looking, his eyes were striking, one of the prettiest blues I'd ever seen and his jaw line looked like it was chiseled by the Gods. If he wasn't the practically devil himself, I might believe that it was.

"I'll take you home." he announced, studying my face because he caught me staring at him.

"No." I argued. "I can take myself. or I can go back inside and continue with my night."