Chapter 2

Nari took an anxious breath as she stood in front of the elimination board.

"Ah 어떻게..." She covered her face with her hands as she pondered her decision. Biting her lip, she selected Seon and Taki. Nari turned to the camera, bowing. "I'm sorry."

She returned back to her seat in the living room between Daniel and Heesung. "I'm so nervous," she said under her breath to Daniel.

"Have some faith, Noona." Nari's expression shifted for a moment at the term, offering a small smile. Thirty minutes later, everyone gathered downstairs and stood waiting to see who would be eliminated.

The narrating voice announced that they would be revealing said members now. "The first eliminated member with ten votes is...Kim Sunoo. The second eliminated member with nine votes is...Noh Sungchul. The third eliminated member with nine votes is...Taki. The fourth eliminated member with six votes is...EJ. The final eliminated member with six votes is...Youngbin."

Nari lifted her head in shock that her name hadn't been called. She looked around in confusion, uncertain why they would've voted to keep her. Still unsure of herself, she stood to offer a small bow and handshake to those who were leaving.

Only moments later, the narration announced that their first test would be a performance of the show's theme song, "Into the I-Land." Their individual scores would be averaged to determine the number of members eliminated into the Ground. Next, the parts were shown on the screen.

"Parts one through five sing twice, everyone else sings once," Seon noticed.

"Parts six and seven sing twice too," Geonu added.

The trainees also realized that the parts closest to part one are nearer to the center. Seon suggested that they individually audition for parts, the trainees all nodding in agreement before gathering in the practice room and warming up by themselves.

"I thought it was a really good song," Nari enthused

"I thought it was a really good song," Nari enthused. "The tune, the beat, the feel...it had such a nostalgic feeling, like I was dreaming. I really loved it."

Nari went over to the lyrics, struggling a bit with the speed of the some pronunciations

Nari went over to the lyrics, struggling a bit with the speed of the some pronunciations. After being unable to spit out the words correctly for five minutes, she slid down the wall to sit, facepalming.