Chapter 12

The seventeen trainees headed back to the ground. An hour later, they stood backstage as Jay, Heeseung, Jungwon, K, Sunghoon and Jake were introduced one by one. Next, the seventeen remaining trainees took the stage, lining up in two rows.

"We will now begin revealing the trainees chosen to stay in I-Land based on the global votes. The first trainee received 2,090,201 votes and ranked third place. The first I-Lander is...Niki." 

Nari turned to the younger boy with a smile, rubbing his back as he cried before taking the stage. He thanked the fans and the producers before heading to I-Land.

K Oppa will be happy to see him.

"We will now reveal the second trainee accept into the I-Land. He ranked second with a total of 2.5 million votes."

He...so definitely not me. Not that that many people like me anyway.

"The second I-Lander is...Daniel."

Nari's eyes bulged out of her head, her smile beaming as she heard the news. She ran over to him, embracing him tightly as he got emotional. "I'm so proud of you Daniel. You deserve this." She wiped his tears with his thumbs as he pulled away, giving him one last hug before letting him go.

"The third I-Lander, first place in global rankings, will now be revealed. With 2.6 million votes, the first place I-Landed is...Kim Sunoo."

She made her way through the crowd of people embracing him as he cried. "Ahhh! My bestie! You made it oh my gosh!" Nari patted his back as he continued crying. "Hey," she called before he left to the stage. Her expression softened. "If I don't make it there, I want you and Daniel to be there for each other."

Nari pursed her lips, the chances of her making it growing slimmer and slimmer. "The fourth place I-Lander received 1.9 million votes. The fourth trainee chosen to stay in I-Land is...Lee Geonu." She heard the breath of relief to her side as she headed over to embrace him.

Once he left, Nari was hit bluntly with the fact that all the people she was closest to were in the I-Land. Part of her was relieved they made it, but she couldn't help but worry about being left behind. Would they forget about her?

"We will now reveal the fifth place I-Landed," the host interrupted. "With 1.7 million votes, the fifth trainee chosen by global viewers to continue is...Taki." Everyone embraced the young boy, happy to see him as ecstatic as he was at the news.

"I will name three candidates. Of these three candidates, two of them will move onto I-Land. Everyone else must say goodbye to I-Land forever."

Nari bit her lip tightly as he continued speaking.

"The first candidate is...Nicholas. The second candidate is...Kim Nari. The third candidate is...Hanbin."

She exhaled a shaky breath as she took the stage. "If I'm chosen to continue...I'll do my best to improve and show that the votes used on me weren't wasted."

"With 1,094,601 votes, the sixth trainee moving into the I-Land is...Hanbin."

Everyone clapped as Hanbin headed towards the egg. Nari squeezed her hands tightly, her head hung low and her eyes closed as she anxiously awaited for the host to continue.

"The final I-Lander received 1,056,899 votes."

Just say it already...

"The last trainee chosen by global viewers to remain in the I-Land is...Kim Nari."

Her heart stopped as she immediately collapsed to her knees, tears streaming down her face and falling into her lap.

She'd done it.