Chapter 15

"Let's go from the top," K instructed. It was their first practice since the top four trainees had the privilege of leaving the I-Land, and Jungwon, Heeseung, Jake and Sunghoon were incredibly nervous to see how it would go.

"I think we should go over the lyrics," Nari disagreed. "I know we still have a lot of work to do with the choreography, but since the lyrics repeat a lot I think it would be best to try to memorize them now to get it out of the way."

"Well, last I checked you weren't the leader," K snapped, mocking what Nari had said last time they practiced. She scoffed in disbelief, placing her hands on her hips.

"Do you realize Jake and I are foreigners and need more time to get the lyrics right?"
"Do you realize we perform in mere days and you still haven't perfected the choreography?"

Nari was about to scream from how frustrated she was.

"What is your issue? Why are you so angry anytime I open my mouth?"
"Because every time you open your mouth it's to say some stupid shit that we don't have time for!"

"What is your issue? Why are you so angry anytime I open my mouth?" "Because every time you open your mouth it's to say some stupid shit that we don't have time for!"

"I don't even know what pissed me off more in that moment," Nari started, visibly upset. "The fact that he was being so rude, or that none of the others even stood up for me. To me, that showed me that they were more afraid of him than they were a friend to me."

She shook her head, unable to believe the words coming out of his mouth

She shook her head, unable to believe the words coming out of his mouth. Wiping her eyes, she began heading towards the door. "You know," she called before leaving. "This is why no one wants to share their thoughts with you. What's the point if you're going to fucking snap at them every time they try? What kind of bullshit attitude is that to give the people who are younger than you and trying to help?"

Nari stomped up the stairs, gaining the attention of the other team who was in the upstairs practice room. They went to see what was going on, and were shocked to find tears streaming down Nari's face. "Nari, what happened?" Jay immediately asked, going forward to comfort the girl.

"I'm so pissed off. I couldn't stay down there."

She ended up briefly explaining the arguments between her and K, and it was evident based on his expression that Jay had strong feelings about the conflict. "I can't believe he would speak to you like that!"