Chapter 8

Nari's eyes fluttered open to see Jungwon staring back at her, still in his arms. "N-Noona," he stuttered, turning away from her gaze. Her heart fluttered a bit as she realized she'd caught him staring

"Good morning, Wonie."
"Morning..."

She rolled out of his arms, stretching before turning back to face him. "We should get ready for practice." He nodded in agreement.

Though they tried to be subtle, Nari was more than a little aware of the boys especially kind attitudes towards her the next morning. While she appreciated the thought, it also embarrassed her to realize they all knew about the comments she'd been receiving.

After getting over his embarrassment, Jungwon had been clingier than ever, only ever letting go of her when he absolutely had to. Jay had been attending to her every need, placing a kiss on her forehead whenever her mood dropped. Everyone was doing their part to make Nari feel better.

However, even though she was now eating again and slowly raising her self-esteem, she still had trouble letting herself feel confident enough for the first choreography. It was meant to be flirty, seductive even, but it felt so unnatural trying to think that way about herself that she couldn't seem to put any feeling into her dance as she practiced in the smaller adjoining room to the main dance room.

"Hey." Jake suddenly approached her, breaking her of her thoughts. She gave a small wave, looking at herself in the mirror and sighing.

"Jake...I don't know what to do. I just can't get the feel right."
"Let me see the video."

He analyzed the choreography for a moment, then asked her to perform part of it. Jake quickly noticed her lack of fluidity and feel. When he asked her why she was so self-conscious, she groaned.

"I don't know how to be sexy, I barely know how to be average."

Jake rolled his eyes, flicking her forehead. "I disagree, but that's a discussion for another time."

She took a seat next to him, leaning her head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry for snapping at you that day. I've felt really bad about it ever since..."

He wrapped his arm around her, laying his head on top of hers. "It's alright. You were stressed...I know you didn't mean to." She chuckled.

"So, you do know about the comments."

Jake grimaced, realizing his mistake. Nari sighed, closing her eyes. "Honestly, I don't know what I expected to happen. From the beginning I was afraid I'd get comments like that, it shouldn't surprise me."

He lifted his head off of hers, looking into her eyes. "None of us think of you that way. You know that right?" When she hesitated, he narrowed his eyes at her, making her giggle.

"Alright, alright. Let's go eat."

"I just can't be sexy," she whined fifteen minutes later, taking another bite of her sandwich. "K Oppa, how do you do mature concepts?"

K thought for a moment before shrugging. "I just do. Other than deciding which expressions to make, the rest kinda just comes easy." Nari groaned at his unhelpful answer.

"I don't think the issue is that you can't do mature concepts," Geonu began, catching everyone's attention. "The issue is that you're just shy. If you got over that, you'd be fine."

"Not shy, not me," Nari began singing, immediately cackling as her voice sounded awful and off-key.

"Get this girl some tea and honey," Geonu laughed.