Mine

A/N: Friendly reminder that by the time of this chapter (Bite Me era) they would've been much more intimate and used to each other than the timing of "More&More"

"Huh?"

The choreographer sighed slightly. "I said, the song will have female backup dancers. During the second chorus, they'll partner with each of you, so I need you to decide if you want a male back up dancer, or to partner with one of the boys." Nari blinked, still processing the information.

Jungwon glanced over, already anticipating the thoughts running through her head and preparing to reassure her later.

"If I partnered with one of the boys, would it be the same person every time? Or whoever is singing that part?"

"Whoever is singing that part," he confirmed. "And since you have one of those choruses as well, if you partner with one of the boys, they would also stay up there with you rather than moving to a different spot in the formation."

She nodded in understanding, pursing her lips. The choreographer glanced at her uncomfortable body language, and was reminded that although she was an idol, she was still a rather young and vulnerable person as well.

"Nari-ah, these dancers are all professionals and nothing inappropriate would happen. However, I understand that you're a lot more comfortable with your own members." She glanced over at the boys through the mirror, knowing that he was completely right.

"Yes, I think I'll just partner with one of them." He nodded in understanding before having them go to the first formation where she'd be partnered with Jungwon. He offered her a reassuring smile as they began learning the choreography.

After their section, she would walk past the backup dancer toward Heeseung so that they could switch partners. Their section was fairly simple, and although she felt a bit awkward dancing this way with him at first, they grew used to it.

The second chorus was sung by Jake, and then Nari, so he remained her partner for that part. She was just glad she didn't have to try to sing while spinning backwards.

"You should all practice with Nari once to get used to how the timing will be with the dancers," the instructor suggested.

They took his advice, making small adjustments based on how it flowed together. Sunghoon went first.

"This part still looks awkward," Nari mentioned after they'd run it together twice. "I think you're avoiding eye contact when I lift your chin." He hummed.

They did it once more, and although he did his best, his gaze still ended up a little bit beside her rather than at her. She laughed quietly as he mumbled an apology, cheeks tinted slightly.

"Aish, you're being so shy. If you can't do it with me, how're you gonna manage with a stranger?"

Jungwon glanced at them in the mirror.

Nari was squeezing Jungwon's hand rather tightly in the car. She was racked with anxiety over the realization that today, her boyfriend would be dancing with another girl.

Did it feel like a silly and stupid concern? Yes.
Did that knowing that help? No.

"It's alright, Jagi," Jungwon tried to assure in her ear, gently massaging her scalp with his free hand. "I'm yours, hm? And you're mine."

She swallowed harshly as they exited the vehicle and headed toward the dance practice room. There were six dancers who all immediately bowed as they bowed back. After doing their group introduction, they warmed up before taking their spots in the first formation.