Quiet Days

A/n: This chapter is inspired by two different skz ao3 fanfics, but it is not copied in any way shape or form! Also, I might want to elaborate more on this chapter in the future? I like the concept a lot tbh. Anyway, enjoyyyy

Jungwon woke up, and Nari was gone.

This wasn't uncommon nowadays—she often liked to get up a bit early to enjoy her coffee without having to rush. He didn't particularly like waking up without her in his arms, but he didn't dislike it so much he'd say something...

Usually.

As he stretched and eventually made himself get up, he was quick to notice the lack of sound throughout the dorm.

"The others must be sleeping, still."

He quietly made his way to the common area, expecting to see his love curled up with her iPad or the latest book she'd picked up, a cup of coffee always in her other hand.

When he didn't, that was the first sign that something was wrong.

"Hey, Jagi," he softly called, slowly walking over to where she sat at the table. She had no mug, no book. Just a water bottle and a blank stare into the wall. The coffee hadn't even been brewed, he realized. It's scent wasn't permeating the dorm the way it usually did.

Licking his bottom lip nervously, he knelt down so he could see the side of her face, a bit of relief relaxing the tightness in his chest when he didn't see red eyes or tear-stained cheeks.

"Jagi?" he called once more, voice verging on a whisper. She didn't turn to face him, but her lips twitched into a small frown. "It's okay," he assured. "I'm gonna get you some coffee."

He stayed for only a moment to see if she gave any sort of reaction, good or bad. He wasn't surprised, but was mildly disappointed when he received nothing in response.

Rather than heading toward the kitchen to make the coffee himself, he immediately woke up Jay. "Dude, we don't have a schedule for hours still," he groaned.

"Hyung," Jungwon said. The slight waver in his voice was all Jay needed to stop complaining and sit up. "Can you make Noona some coffee? She's...having a quiet day."

Quiet day. That's what Enhypen had started gently referring to it as a while ago. Days where Nari shut down, disassociated. Sometimes, she could feel it coming—warn them beforehand that she was beginning to feel burnt out. Other times, it just happened.

This was an "other" time.

Jay stilled for a moment, then nodded, because he understood. On days when Nari was most vulnerable, most sensitive, Jungwon always wanted to give her familiar experiences to rely on. Jay's coffee was one of the things that had grounded her since the beginning—Jungwon couldn't make it. It had to be him.

Jungwon was about to leave when the older caught his wrist, cupping his cheek with his other hand.

"It'll be okay," he murmured, placing a soft kiss on his hair. "Let me hold you for just a second, and then I'll let you go." Jay waited for Jungwon to slowly lean in before wrapping his arms around him, coating him in the familiar comfort and love that was his Jay hyung.

"You're not doing this alone," he reminded. "We're all in this together. Okay?" Jungwon nodded against his chest, squeezing him tighter for just a second before they left the bedroom.

As Jay went to work on the coffee, Jungwon approached Nari with a soft smile. "Hey, love. Your coffee will be ready soon." She didn't show any facial reaction, but her head had tilted in the direction of his voice.

"I hope you don't mind if I sit with you," he said as he pulled over a chair and placed it beside her. He always narrated on her quiet days, always wanting to let her know what was happening.