Chapter 17

"Imagine you're holding someone you like," Sunoo instructed, doing a body wave with the pillow with a sweet smile.

"Wah, as expected from our leader!" Nari cheered. He turned to her, raising an eyebrow.

"Nari, you're the leader."
"Eh?"
"You made the team and chose the song."
"B-but..."

She trailed off, realizing that maybe that did make her the leader. Heeseung noticed the way her expression shifted and placed a hand on her shoulder. "You won't be alone, all of us are going to help you, okay?" Nari turned to the five boys timidly.

"Do you really want me to be the leader? You trust me with this?"

Sunoo nodded, saluting her with a playfully serious expression. "There's no better person for the job, ma'am." The others then began copying him, saluting her and saying fake military operations which made her laugh.

"Alright alright, I guess I'm the leader then."

With that decided, they returned to practicing their expressions. Sunoo's suggestion of thinking of someone they liked rang in her head, and she flushed as images of Jungwon flooded her mind.

Shaking her head, she did the movement, instead imagining her dog, Tae. As she finished, she turned to see Heeseung do the same move with a powerful gaze, making her giggle.

"Oppa, too much 'Fake Love'."

Nari watched as they continued doing the movement and could tell everyone but Sunoo was having trouble grasping the concept.

"Everyone looks either scary or afraid," she commented. Sunoo nodded in agreement before turning to Nari.

"Oh!"

She wondered what his sudden exclamation was about when he placed her in front of Heeseung, taking the pillow out of his hands. "Try it holding Nari instead." The older boy laughed shyly at the suggestion before back-hugging her. Instantly, his gaze and overall emotion during the movement changed, a smile now on his face and his energy more bubbly.

"Why is that actually so much better though?" Nari wondered, watching them in the mirror.

"Everyone, do the move but instead of holding the pillow, hold Nari." Sunoo instructed. Nari narrowed her eyes at Sunoo, sensing that he was up to something. She moved to Jake, and even before doing the move she noticed his demeanor become giddier, making her laugh.

"It's not really possible to hold you like this and not smile," Jake admitted, ruffling her hair as he let her go.

Nari could feel how tense all of Sunghoon's muscles were and frowned at him through the mirror. "Relax, you can't do this song right if you don't." She turned to face him before lightly massaging his arms from the front, swinging his body to try and loosen him up.

When she turned back around, the movement was correct, but the facial expression was still too forced. "Sunghoon hyung, you're still not smiling properly," Sunoo scolded. They did the move once more, but right as he started doing the wave she tickled his side, making him giggle.

"Yah!" he exclaimed, flustered. Nari playfully rolled her eyes at his dramatic reactions.

Last was Jungwon, and Nari's heart began pounding as she realized Sunoo's true motives behind the exercise. Jungwon awkwardly held her from behind, touching her as little as possible. "Yah, that's not good enough!" Sunoo scolded, insisting he hold her closer. Nari glared daggers at Sunoo, but he only offered a sickeningly sweet smile in reply.

Jungwon reluctantly obeyed, and the feeling of being back hugged by him again reminded of her when they performed the lyrical choreography together. They continued working on the choreography until they got the announcement they were dreading.