Chapter 3

After Rain's harsh evaluation, there was debate among the 13 if Niki should remain part one. Although not everyone agreed, it was determined that the parts wouldn't change.

Meanwhile, Nari felt more than a little uneasy of Rain's criticism of her dancing. First, it was her own members. Then, it was an idol. Clearly she had work to do.

These thoughts flooded her mind as she was alone in the smaller practice room whilst everyone else had gone to bed. She'd been practicing over and over, but still wasn't satisfied as she mentally compared her performance to that of the better dancers.

"Hey, we've been wondering where you are," Jungwon interrupted, entering the room.

"You're still practicing?"
"I don't have much of a choice, do I?"

The younger frowned seeing her bitter smile. "I've already been resting too much, I need to start up again," she continued, standing up and jumping up and down a bit to get her blood flowing again.

"Do you want some help with the choreography?"

Nari had to resist from rolling her eyes.

"So now after I call you out you offer to help? Hmph."

"아니, thanks though." Jungwon pursed his lips.

"I'll just watch then."

"Why didn't you want his help?"

Nari bit her lip.

"I think...it kind of hurt my pride. The point of the talk before was to get closer and help each other, but part of me didn't want to need help. I don't like needing help from others. At that point, it felt like pity."

"But when Daniel helped you find your room, you didn't seem to mind. What was the difference?"

Nari was silent for a while before finally answering.

"I guess the difference was just that Jungwon's skills intimidated me."

She thought it was a bit odd, but didn't want to argue as she knew she was in no mind to be using kind words

She thought it was a bit odd, but didn't want to argue as she knew she was in no mind to be using kind words. As she started the music, she went through the chorus choreography, shaking her head as it ended before restarting it again. This repeated a couple times, and Jungwon watched silently as she grew increasingly more frustrated with herself.