Chapter 4

The thirteen trainees left the stage, each with their own concerns about their performance. Nari noticed how heavy the air in the room was, and part of her couldn't understand it. How could they feel so dejected after a stage like that? Wasn't it fun for them too?

"Yah, why is the mood so heavy? I don't accept this. Stop frowning right now or I'll haunt you in your dreams," Nari huffed, hands on her hips as she pouted at the boys.

A few offered a weak smile, and she narrowed her eyes at them. "I swear...what do I have to do to lift the mood in here?"

Before she could continue, the narration announced that the scores were about to be revealed. Everyone's heart dropped as they saw how low the numbers were, the average coming out to 59.

Six people would be eliminated, and they only had two hours to choose who.

It was ironic, moments ago Nari had been the one cheering everyone up, but now she was the one who was clearly dejected. They headed upstairs with heavy hearts. Nari felt her heart clench at having to say goodbye to any of them, let alone six. She took deep breaths in an attempt to stop any tears from falling, not wanting to be the girl that cries all the time. Jay noticed and slung an arm around her, rubbing her shoulder a bit.

One by one, each member left to go see their score. When Daniel returned, Nari could tell that he was trying to hide his happiness. Sitting next to him, she whispered in his ear.

"If you don't want people to know, do a better job at hiding it than that."

She was called next, and headed to the room brimming with anxiety.

Please don't be terrible...

Taking a deep breath she opened her eyes and was greeted with a bright screen with the number 68. Her jaw literally dropped.

"How did you feel about your score?"

Nari grinned. "I was proud. Maybe I shouldn't have been because it's still not a great score, but I was one of the higher ones. It gave me a little bit of hope."

"