Chapter 11

Nari's heart dropped as her name was called. She placed her hands over her face, tears filling her vision and stinging her eyes.

"I felt a lot of regret that I couldn't show a good stage," she stated quietly

"I felt a lot of regret that I couldn't show a good stage," she stated quietly. "I didn't want to disappoint my family, or even the friends I made there. I wasn't ready to say goodbye to my dream."

Jake was the first to approach Nari, hugging her tightly and crying as well

Jake was the first to approach Nari, hugging her tightly and crying as well. She couldn't stop herself from sobbing in his arms despite how weak it made her feel.

"You have to come back."
"I-I'm so sorry..."
"Just come back..."

She went to Jay next, saddened to see how much he was crying. "I'm so sorry Oppa, I failed you," Nari cried. He couldn't speak, simply shaking his head in disagreement.

Jungwon embraced her tightly, rubbing her back as she cried. "Promise me you'll ask for help when you need it while you're down there," he whispered. She nodded, sniffling as she locked her pinky with his.

"I'm gonna miss you so much," she whispered, not wanting to let him go.

It was hard to see K upset. He'd always been so strong in front of everyone, seeing him vulnerable was rare. "Oppa," she quietly began. "If I don't come back...know that I'm rooting for you."

Sunghoon was the last person she said goodbye to. She tried to savor the feeling of his arms holding her, in case she didn't get to feel it again. "Nari..." She glanced up at him, surprised by the gentleness of his tone. "Please come back to us." Nari held his hands, giving them a squeeze.

"I'll do my best."

Geonu intertwined his hand with hers as the four trainees silently walked to the Ground. The building was much smaller, and she immediately felt the difference in treatment between Ground and I-Land.

When they opened the door, many trainees gasped in shock at the selected drop outs. Nari immediately went to Daniel, hugging him tightly as she cried. "Noona, what are you doing here?" He asked, trying to lighten her mood a bit as he held her.