Chapter 9

"...for the first choreography...77. For the second choreography...84. The average score is...81. Kim Nari will not be eliminated today."

Nari let out a deep breath, sinking to her knees. "Thank god..." She turned to her right to embrace her fellow I-Landers in hugs.

"You did amazing," Geonu commented with a smile.
"You and Heeseung Oppa were just as awesome, if not more. And don't even get me started on the dance unit, that was amazing!"

Nari then moved towards the Grounders.

"Niki, you were awesome out there. You should be proud of yourself."
"Thanks...you did really good, Noona."

Nari noticed Sunoo next, and embraced him in her arms, rocking him dramatically from side to side.

"My bestie did so good! Can you believe how talented my bestie is?"
"Nooo, I could've done so much better."

Nari furrowed her eyebrows at him.

"Yah, did you just insult my bestie?"
"H-hey! Nari, quit it!"

Sunghoon rolled his eyes as he saw Nari lightly smacking Sunoo's arms over and over. When she finally stopped, she squished his cheeks in her hands.

"You did amazing, and if you say otherwise I will hurt you."
"Fineeeeee."

Nari then noticed Daniel off by himself, dejected. She approached him, wrapping him in a tight hug.

"I've missed you so much. Like...so, so much, and I'm so proud of how you performed today. You should be proud of yourself, too. You're the youngest trainee here, yet you've shined throughout this entire ordeal, and I know you'll come back to the I-Land."

Daniel took a deep breath, nodding before offering Nari a small smile. She pouted at him before planting a kiss on each of his cheeks, making him reveal his true smile.

"Keep smiling for me, okay?"
"Okay, Noona."

Soon enough, it was time to head back to the I-Land. The trainees bid each other farewell before stepping into the spinning egg. The remaining I-Landers greeted them with plenty of cheers.

"The fourth mission will now be revealed," the narration interrupted. Everyone turned to the screen, and saw that they would be performing another original song written for the show called, "I&Credible." After the performance, six people would be moved to the ground, where a second performance would take place. From there, the global viewers would determine which six would be moved back into I-Land, forming the final thirteen members for part two of the show.

They immediately began dividing parts, K being chosen as the center. When it came to part 6, several people recommended Nari. "The key of the song is generally pretty low for you, right?" Heeseung asked. "Those notes are in a bad high range for most of us, but for you they should be good."

The next task was breaking down the choreography. They decided to work individually to start with since personal appeal would be a major factor in that performance.