Chapter 5

It was weird waking up for the first few times without Jay to greet her with her morning cup of coffee. Instead, it was Sunghoon who had interrupted her sleep, opting to just carry her and her blanket out of her room and into the living room, plopping her down on the couch next to Taki.

"Good morning, Noona."
"Hi, Taki...Noona go bye."

Before the poor boy could ask what that meant, she'd crashed down onto his lap, using his legs as a pillow and already sleeping once more. He held his hands above her awkwardly, completely unsure what to do. K snorted at the sight, and at the mild jealousy emanating from some of the boys. Sunoo came to Taki's rescue, lifting her head off of his lap and giving him a chance to escape.

Her eyes slowly opened, narrowing at the boy in front of her who'd interrupted her sleep.

"Nari, we have to practice."
"I wanna sleep."
"I'll make you coffee."

Nari perked up a bit at the offer, stretching her arms and nodding as she yawned. Some of the newer members felt awkward. They weren't used to Nari's groggy and childish behavior in the morning, and even for her usual self, this was a bit much.

Her eyes suddenly widened as she felt pressure in her abdomen. "Oh shit."

Heeseung eyed her with concern. "Nari? What's wrong?"

Ignoring him, Nari jogged to one of the bathrooms, blanket wrapped around her before throwing open cabinets. "Oh shit," she muttered once more. When she went to the second and only other bathroom in the I-Land and didn't find what she needed in there either, she felt like she was either going to scream, or cry. "Oh shit," she whined.

Waddling back into the living room, the look on her face gave Sunghoon and K a clue as to what might be wrong. What she said next confirmed their theory.

"I need to contact a staff member, now."

"What's wrong?" Taki innocently questioned, walking up to her and looking her up and down for signs of injury. Desperately not wanting to answer, she tried to calm her breathing down so she didn't have a full on anxiety attack. Sunghoon and K moved Taki out of the way, taking Nari into an empty bedroom.

"They didn't get you anything?" K questioned. Nari's face flushed, realizing they knew what was happening. She shook her head, putting her face in her hands in stress.

"You think they'd be more prepared," Sunghoon muttered before leaving the room to find a way to contact a staff member. K sat next to the young girl, rubbing her back and trying to soothe her anxiety.

"I hate being a girl."

K gave her a sympathetic smile when Sunghoon returned. "The staff are gonna go get...supplies. I don't wanna leave you alone, but we do still need to practice...."

"It's okay, I'll catch up with you guys later. Tell everyone I'm sorry for slowing us down."

With that, the two boys left. About fifteen minutes later, a female staff arrived with a supply of tampons, pads, and even some pain medicine for her cramps.

"I hope you feel better, I know how bad cramps can be."

Nari offered the woman a weak smile before taking the supplies to the bathroom, placing some in both bathrooms just to be safe. After taking care of her situation, she went to the kitchen and made some toast for breakfast. Usually she'd eat more, but her period always made her stomach more sensitive than usual.

25 minutes later, Nari was entering the practice room with a jacket tied around her waist just in case. "Noona!" Taki greeted, running over and hugging her. She was a bit surprised at his excitement, but accepted the gesture nonetheless. He sensed her shock and pulled back, a bit embarrassed at his outburst.